Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number transfer

amrit123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi my phone is currently attached to my moms account there are three numbers on there. I want mine to be separate with a new account, and the other two to remain on her original account. 

I spoke to live chat and they weren't that clear is it possible to do this via the transfer ownership page? I don't want the whole contract in my name just the one number.

24 REPLIES 24

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@amrit123 wrote:

Okay thanks for the replies people, I'll give it a go and see what happens fingers crossed! 

No worries.

When you've opened up a new pay monthly contract with Vodafone then ask your mum to get in touch with Vodafone customer services and while your both on the phone they should be able to move the nunber you've been using on your mums account to your new contract @amrit123 

Please let us know how you get on.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

@AnnS wrote:

Exactly @hrym 

I also provided the link in my first reply.  

Oh yes, so you did @AnnS :Laughing_Face:

BandOfBrothers

@AnnS wrote:

Exactly @hrym 

Yes I see you edited your reply to add it.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@AnnS wrote:

Exactly @hrym 

Yes I see you edited your reply to add it.  :Winking_smiley:

@BandOfBrothers 

I am not here for an argument with you.  I typed the first paragraph, posted what I had written and then when onto the Vodafone website to find and add the link and continued with a full reply.  I wouldn't have been able to see what you were writing or had written.

I hope that explains it for you.

Hi all, again thanks, just spoke to Vodafone on 191 they said I could use the link but it would be quicker on the phone. All set up with a new account, I recorded the call if any issues arise from this! 

AnnS

Hi @amrit123 

If you have gone the Change of Ownership route, your Mother needs to give her authorisation over the phone first. If you then spoke to the Change of Ownership team and accepted the contract it would have been changed to your name.

Not sure how Vodafone could have given you what is your Mother's number on a new account.

My mom did give authorisation to them over the phone, and then I gave my details. 

BandOfBrothers

@amrit123 wrote:

Hi all, again thanks, just spoke to Vodafone on 191 they said I could use the link but it would be quicker on the phone. All set up with a new account, I recorded the call if any issues arise from this! 

That's awesome @amrit123 

I'm glad the link worked and the agent helped.

Having your own contract opened up and then transferring the one mobile number away from your mums account was certainly the way forward.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Final update all sorted now, the Vodafone app shows my own account with just my contract in it. In the end was a much simpler process then expected, a nice surprise for once! 

Final thanks people. 

BandOfBrothers

Youre very Welcome @amrit123 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >