Ask

Solution

Phone selling on contract

MoonO1864
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Just being a nervous nelly but better to ask

If I sold my new contract phone, considering its unlocked, if anything were to happen to my contract like a death would that phone be blacklisted? 

I understand its much better financially not to in the long run but I can upgrade in 6 months potentially and have a decent enough phone. 

I just don't want to sell someone a phone that they aren't expecting. 

Thanks for any answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

It's an airtime contract @MoonO1864 , the contract comes in two parts the airtime and device.  You are free to sell  the phone without any repercussions or comeback on the person who has purchased the phone.

If you have taken an Evo contract, if the device part of the contract ends and is paid off, you are released from the airtime contract.  As mentioned in the FAQ's here: Evo 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

It's an airtime contract @MoonO1864 , the contract comes in two parts the airtime and device.  You are free to sell  the phone without any repercussions or comeback on the person who has purchased the phone.

If you have taken an Evo contract, if the device part of the contract ends and is paid off, you are released from the airtime contract.  As mentioned in the FAQ's here: Evo 

Thank you for the information.

It makes it easier to know that, I'm not on an EVO contract so that's that covered :Smiling: