Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible split port issue

Miss_Beki
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Not sure if posting in the right place so apologies if that's the case.

So, I ported from Asda mobile (iPhone) to Vodafone (android) , to keep my sons number when I took out a contract for him to use. This was in Dec 2019. At that point he rarely ever used his phone so we didn't know about the issue straight away.

Lockdown happened and we discovered that there were several numbers that he could not call or text, and they couldn't contact him either. We tried a couple of things we found online, my sim worked perfectly in his phone so we knew that it wasn't the phone at fault. We tried his sim in my phone (also android) and still had the same problems. 

I requested a blank sim, and carried out a SIM swap following the advice of various posts on here. This is where it gets strange. He was then able to text and call one of the numbers he had previously been unable to, but they still could not call him. 

I contacted customer services who walked us through things we had had already tried but were happy to attempt again. She said that there were no issues showing to indicate a split port, but she was sending it off to another team and it would be sorted in a few days. 

The problem still remains. We would like it looked into as it's quite important that he can make and receive calls. From all and to all numbers. Everything I have read seems to indicate its a split port issue and it could literally be just one file that went awry but I don't know what to do given that CS said it wasn't. If someone could help with this it would be great. He has autism which is why we need to make sure he can contact people when needed especially as he's due to start college soon and I don't want him stuck without being able to communicate that way. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I agree it's important to be able to remain in contact and especially in these unprecedented time's @Miss_Beki 

It does sound account related due to the troubleshooting you've already tried.

I appreciate customer services have said they don't believe it's a Split Port issue but you could ask the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook to double check.

As the Social Media Team's here are unable to help via posts on the forum then Facebook or Twitter are the only ways.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.