Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve disconnected number ??

Radi0girl
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
138 REPLIES 138

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nrana That's strange. 

I've sent you another private message, let us know how you get on this time 🙂

@Alex

That was on the 14th. I tried this morning and was able to send my message through that link.

Do you still want me to reply on your private message?

Thank you for your help.

-Nar

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nrana There's no need to respond to my private message 🙂

I've checked our email inbox and can confirm we've received your query. 

A member of the team will be in touch as soon as they reach it. 

Extremely Happy - now that my old number is re-activated and transferred to a new payg sim !

My big thank you to @John, @TJ, DaneB & @Alex.

Special thank you to @Sachin Chotalia for sorting this out right to the end !

Thank you VF and VF Community Forum.

-Narbahadur Rana

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

It wasn't disconnected about two years ago. I don't think it has been reallocated as when I call it nothing happens. Please let me know further movements :Smiling: 

I MEANT It was!!!! 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Koraljones It's possible that we could still be able to save it for you, but we're unable to make any promises if it's been over 90 days. We'd be happy to check though! 😊

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly. 

Hi Tech Team,

I too would like to retrieve my old number, was with vodafone pay as you go for 15+ years, and still have a second number on contract with you.

Please can you help?

Many Thanks

Ange :Smiling:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hybridz57 We're unable to promise anything Ange, but we can certainly try! 😊

So we're able to take a closer look into your query, please contact us using the link in my private message

Hi, I am also having problems getting my pay-as-you-go number reconnected.  I have had five on-line chats and one phone call, get different information each time and a reconnection date that passes with no change.  The situation isn't helped by my forgetting my security answers in the ten years since I last logged in.  Unfortunately the account reset email only sends a reconnect code to the telephone number that has been disconnected.  Would a moderator mind PMing me another way that I can progress this, please?  Thanks very much.