Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve disconnected number ??

Radi0girl
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
138 REPLIES 138

Hi, I am also having problems getting my pay-as-you-go number reconnected.  I have had five on-line chats and one phone call, get different information each time and a reconnection date that passes with no change.  The situation isn't helped by my forgetting my security answers in the ten years since I last logged in.  Unfortunately the account reset email only sends a validation code to the telephone number that has been disconnected.  Would a moderator mind PMing me another way that I can progress this, please?  Thanks very much.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

There's definitely other ways we can address your query @prwapps 🙂

So we're able to organise this with you, please contact us using the link in my private message

Hi Alex, 

i think I have successfully sent you a PM as well however just incase I’m messaging here as well (new to this forum and don’t really know how it works). I’m also trying to have my old number back. Please PM me. Many Thanks

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ahmerbaloch wrote:

Hi Alex, 

i think I have successfully sent you a PM as well however just incase I’m messaging here as well (new to this forum and don’t really know how it works). I’m also trying to have my old number back. Please PM me. Many Thanks

What actually happend to your old number?  

It may make a difference to whether you can still get it back.

Blair

Hi Blair, 

Thaks for your response. 

I had to leave the country for family reasons and took the number with me. Used it abroad until i realised how expensive it was becoming and switched it off and bought a local sim for the country. so it's just been powered off. Now i've tried to put the sim back (came back to london 2 weeks ago) and it says 'Invalid Sim' i think. and doesn't catch any network signals. i saw online that numbers can be re-assigned so i tried calling it however it doesn't connect. 

Hope this helps! 

Looking forward to your response. :Smiling: 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ahmerbaloch How long has it been since the SIM was last topped up and used? We may be able to retrieve the number if it hasn't been recycled. 

Hi Josh,

it it was a sim only contract sim and was last used over a year ago. Should I provide the number here so you can check? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Once a number's been disconnected for 90 days, this goes back into our number pool. After a following 90 days this is then released and can be used as part of a new connection order. If this was a Pay as you go number, this process is put into motion if there's no activity on the number for 90 days.

I would expect this number to be no longer available @ahmerbaloch. So we can check this for you, please get intouch as advised in this private message and we'll be happy to help.

I have had a nightmare in relation to this the last few days. I realised that I had not used my number and it has been disconnected (as of 6 July 2018). Customer service over the phone told me it can be reinstated instore only (if not resold). As of today, it has not been resold. Since I am currently living abroad, I FLEW to the UK ESPECIALLY and went out of my way to get to a store only to be told that they don't do it and to call back customer service. I did that, was told that the issue is resolved and I would be called back. I got a call back, but did not get to the phone in time. I have been passed around various customer service departments since, to no avail. I am extremely unhappy, especially having flown to the UK especially from Europe to get this resolved. I have had this number (always with Vodafone) for over 20 years and really need it back. Please help. When I call it, it says the number you have dialled has not been recognised. I have the original sim also. Please help. As others have mentioned, I am happy to pay to get the number back. Thank you in advance for any help. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Kseniya I can really understand why this would be frustrating for you. This is something we need to access your account to resolve. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you.