Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve disconnected number ??

Radi0girl
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
138 REPLIES 138

HI

i called to terminate the contract and I was told that contract would end on 30 Nov 2018.

I have been trying to get PAC code from 2nd December onwards. Please let me know how I can have it. I was Voda customer for more than 3.5 years 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gauravdogra As the number has been disconnected, we'd need to try to reconnect this temporarily to generate a PAC. As this was disconnected on 30 November, we may no longer be able to reconnect this however we do want to try. So we can look into your options and discuss this further, please follow the details I've sent in the private message to you. A member of our team will then be in touch.

Hi,

I recently moved abroad and therefore cancelled my contract. Now, due to unforeseen circumstances, I would really need to get my number back. I would be happy to pay a fee in order to make this possible. The contract was cancelled on 10th February this year. Is there any chance you could help me with this? I still have the SIM card.

Many thanks,

Joakim

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'll be more than happy to double check for you @Joahab. So I can access your account to see if your old number can be recovered, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Dear Vodafone team,

I hadn't realised how distressing it would be to loose my vodafone number untill now. I was met with a blank stare at the vodafone shop and the call centre person must have felt pretty bad hearing me begging to have my vodafone number reconnected. This number has become such an itergral of part me that I feel a chuck of my life is in disarray, adding to a series of misfortunes I'm already going through at the mobment in my life.

I have had my number from vodafone for many years and love its extended coverage but since last week I got the dreaded "no service" on my phone and now I'm gutted and I can't even access my online account. I'm really hoping someone in the vodefone's clever team of techs would be able to help me otherwise I don't know what else i'm going to do.
Many Thanks,
ravislk

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ravislk I completely understand how disappointing it can be to lose your number. If you haven't used it in a while, the number will automatically disconnect and be sent to be recycled. It's really important that you make the occasional chargeable call or text or use some data - even if it's only once or twice a month. This way, you'll know your number will never be disconnected. 

We'll take a look to see if there's anything that can be done though 😊 So we can do this, please get in touch with us via our Social Media channels. You can speak to us via Facebook Messenger at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Hi Colleen,

Many thanks for responding and giving me hope.  I am really really hoping you can help. I've been kicking myself for letting this happen.  There been a lot going on in my life lately and I've been just silly to let this happen.

Many thanks,

ravislk

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ravislk I completely understand, these things do happen 😊 We'll do everything we can to help! Have you been able to pop a message over to us on one of our Social Media channels? 

Hi Colleen,

I did reach out to them on Monday afternoon, as I was a bit hectic at work. I'm not sure how long it would take them to look into the issue, but I've not have any responses yet.
I was going to get in touch again, but wasn't sure if I'd be seen as nagging whilst they look into it.

Many thanks,
ravislk

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ravislk I'm really sorry there's been a bit of a delay. We've been quite busy on our Social Media channels - I can assure you we'll be in touch to help as soon as possible 😊