cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM only contract ending, and you want to tripple the cost!

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

So, my SIM only contract comes to an end in November.  I've the message telling me that you have great new deals for me!  The only problem is, that to continue with something equivalent to my current plan, its going to cost me three times as much!  Just pour salt into the wound, have a look at the comparison sites and there's the plan I'm on, at the same rate I'm currently on.  Switch to a browser that prevents tracking, and there is the same plan again, at the same current rate.  Spoke to an advisor who thought he was doing me a great deal, by only doubling the current cost.

I'm now at the point, where I'll probably leave BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE COMPANIES THAT ATTEMPT TO SCAM ME!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Pay monthly contracts do not end.

Instead they drop onto a 30 day rolling contract @CrimsonLiar 

Any discount / promotional offer that was attached to the initial deal however may come to an end.

If you do want to upgrade then wait until very close to your contract end date and ring 191 and choose the thinking of leaving option. This will get you through to Retentions and see what they can offer.

You could also use a pac from Vodafone to move your mobile number to another Network's payg account you've set up.

Then open up a new contract either with Vodafone or an independent like Carphone Warehouse and then get a pac from the other network you moved to and use that to move your number back to Vodafone on the new account to replace the new number Vodafone gave you with the new contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The discount has now been extended for a year, making it pretty much unbeatable.

@BandOfBrothers Thanks, but no thanks, I will at least give you credit for more intelligence that you are crediting to me!

hrym

As this is a user-led forum, do please try to be polite.  @BandOfBrothers regularly gives very good advice and takes the trouble to go into quite a lot of detail.   It isn't always possible to second-guess what a poster may have tried already and what he has said is the usual procedure in these instances.

FWIW, I'm on a very good deal myself, which upgrading can't match, even with annual price increases, so I've stayed on a rolling contract.  If another special offer comes along, I'll be in a position to grab it.

CrimsonLiar

Only just found this answer.  I find it very difficult to be polite in the face of being treated like an imbecile!