Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swapping iPhone 12 Pro for iPhone 12 Pro Max

maxwilkes
4: Newbie

Just spoke to customer services on 191 to cancel my iPhone 12 Pro order so that I could place an order for the iPhone 12 Pro Max instead as it declined me when I tried to place the Pro Max in addition to the Pro (I was going to place the order for the Max and THEN cancel the Pro order just in case the Max didn't go through basically). Anyway, it was declined so I rang customer services and the lady informed me that I have a limit of 2 plans on my account (which explains why the Pro Max order was declined as the Pro order was my 2nd line) and she also said that, once the iPhone 12 Pro is delivered (Pay Monthly contract) I can ring them up and exchange it for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Is this true? Or would that involve cancelling and creating a new separate order anyway? (which I might as well do now instead of waiting). But I don't mind waiting if it's a straightforward exchange as they could then just update my tariff to reflect the £6 a month price increase of the Pro Max.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @maxwilkes 

That wouldn't work! We wouldn't exchange like that as it's a different phone with a different plan.

What you'd need to do is cancel the order in progress for the iPhone 12 pro, that can take around 24 hours to go through our systems.

Once that's cancelled, that would free up the line to take out the pro max. The credit checks are valid for 90 days so as long as you're in this period you won't be credit checked again.

It'd be worth asking the saves team when you cancel how much credit you have available across the two lines, as the pro max is likely to be more expensive. When you're credit checked you get so many lines available plus a certain amount of spend. Cancelling the first order now would definitely free up that line, but you'd still need to be within the total spend allowed if that makes sense! If the spend allows for the pro max on the plan you want, I'd go ahead and cancel.

If you'd like to cancel that original order, give us a call on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040191 from any other device.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @maxwilkes 

If the iPhone chosen is in_stock and in despatched status then yes you'd need to let the iPhone be delivered and then ask customer service for a Returns Bag.

Unfortunately due to the 2nd lock down Vodafone Highstreet Stores are only open for Click and Collect orders so you couldn't take it back there which is the fastest route normally.

Once they have the iPhone they'll cancel the order and your account will revert back to it's original status so you can then go ahead and start again to order the phone of choice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers no it's not in despatch status it's still in "Confirmed - Back Order" status with an estimated wait time for 5-6 weeks. When I rang customer services I explained that I wanted to cancel the Pro order as the delay was ridiculous since the system said that the Pro Max would be delivered on release date if I placed the order today and secondly, after careful consideration, I'd prefer the bigger battery and longer battery life in the Pro Max anyway.

However, I tried to place the order for the Pro Max and the system declined me saying I failed the credit check (obviously the order for the 12 Pro went through fine when I placed that about 2 weeks ago now). When I rang customer services on 191 they informed me that I have a limit of 2 plans on my account (which probably explains why the order for the Pro Max was declined as the order for the Pro had already been accepted, even though it hasn't yet been despatched). I said I was reluctant to cancel the Pro order in case the system decided to decline me for the Pro Max and then I'd be without EITHER so I asked for reassurance with my 2 account limit that if I cancelled the Pro that the system would accept the order for the Pro Max and she said that it should but she went on to recommend that if I wait for the Pro to be delivered I could then ring up Vodafone on the day it was delivered and arrange a straightforward exchange where they swap it for the Pro Max, a courier delivers the new phone and collects the old phone on the same day, and that way I wouldn't have to cancel my order and go through the ordering process again. Is this true? Or would I still effectively have to cancel/return and place a separate order for the Pro Max and be subjected to the mercy of the credit check again? In which case I might as well just do that now rather than waiting 5-6 weeks for the Pro to be despatched. If that makes sense.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @maxwilkes 

That wouldn't work! We wouldn't exchange like that as it's a different phone with a different plan.

What you'd need to do is cancel the order in progress for the iPhone 12 pro, that can take around 24 hours to go through our systems.

Once that's cancelled, that would free up the line to take out the pro max. The credit checks are valid for 90 days so as long as you're in this period you won't be credit checked again.

It'd be worth asking the saves team when you cancel how much credit you have available across the two lines, as the pro max is likely to be more expensive. When you're credit checked you get so many lines available plus a certain amount of spend. Cancelling the first order now would definitely free up that line, but you'd still need to be within the total spend allowed if that makes sense! If the spend allows for the pro max on the plan you want, I'd go ahead and cancel.

If you'd like to cancel that original order, give us a call on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040191 from any other device.

Rang 191 and they said my limit is £300 per month across two lines. They said they've put forward the request to cancel the 12 Pro order and that SHOULD be completed within 24 hours. Does this mean I can then place an order for the Pro Max without being further credit checked online? Also, when do Vodafone take the upfront payment? Do they take that at order? Or only when despatched?