Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from Pay Monthly to PAYG

urban469
10: Established

Hi, I'm moving from contract to PAYG in July, but I just got a worrying text message. It says:

>Hello. We're very sorry to hear you're planning on leaving us. As requested, we'll disconnect the number 44XXXXXXXXXXX on 12/Jul/2019 00:00:00 and text a reminder on the day. You'll be billed as normal until then, and you'll see any credit on your final bill. Finally, if there's anything we can do to keep you, please get in touch for a chat about your options.

Should I be worried that it says "disconnect"?

Also, retentions told me I won't need a new sim, but some on the forum say they've been sent a new sim when moving from pay monthly to PAYG. I'll be out of the country on the transfer date, so I want to make sure I'll be on the same sim. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this post any use? If so, be amazing and press the little star under my name :Smiling:

If I've solved your problem, please click 'solved' to send me some love!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @urban469, I'm really sorry for any confusion that's been caused. When you move from a Pay Monthly contract to Pay as you go, you won't need a new SIM. Your current one will be moved from contract to Pay as you go and you won't need to do anything. 

I'm glad Abul has double checked that your numbers not going to be disconnected, it's nice to have some peace of mind 😊

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to clear things up for you. 

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

We have a reply from Vodafone on Twitter:1CA936C9-B9FF-4AC7-A6D6-E1707335FD86.jpeg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this post any use? If so, be amazing and press the little star under my name :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Until a member of the Vodafone Social Media Team here authorises your attachment we can't see it @urban469 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

😢 ok copying and pasting:

Thanks for passing the security XXXX. I can confirm your number will go to Pay as you go and will not be disconnected. The notification you've received is an automated alert whenever we process 30 days notice. I'm sorry about that. You don't need a new SIM card, your current SIM will just switch to Pay as you go automatically. Please make sure you restart your phone on migration date.

Please let me know if there's anything less you'd like me to check 😊 Abul

Thanks @anns and @bandofbrothers for all your help. I *hope* Vodafone CS are correct 😊

I'll let you know how the transfer goes next month. 

TJ

Thanks for getting in touch @urban469, I'm really sorry for any confusion that's been caused. When you move from a Pay Monthly contract to Pay as you go, you won't need a new SIM. Your current one will be moved from contract to Pay as you go and you won't need to do anything. 

I'm glad Abul has double checked that your numbers not going to be disconnected, it's nice to have some peace of mind 😊

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to clear things up for you. 

urban469

I successfully moved from Pay Monthly to PAYG with the same sim card - and while I was abroad. So all good there. 

I had to message Vodafone on Twitter to get them to manually add the £10 bonus for moving:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/price-plans/mobile/moving-from-pay-monthly-...

Overall, I'm very happy with the process. 

BandOfBrothers

Thanks for seeking official clarification through fhe Social Media Teams as I pointed towards @urban469 

Good to hear you don't have to go to the trouble of swapping sim cards etc which I touched upon 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mommyboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

[Removed] I wish to stop pay monthly to pay as you go

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We advise against posting personal information such as your mobile number on a public forum such as our Community @Mommyboy. If you're still looking for information on transferring your number from Pay Monthly to PAYG, our keep my number form as all the information you need and will guide you through the steps needed to do this. If you have any problems, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help.