Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from Pay Monthly to PAYG

urban469
10: Established

Hi, I'm moving from contract to PAYG in July, but I just got a worrying text message. It says:

>Hello. We're very sorry to hear you're planning on leaving us. As requested, we'll disconnect the number 44XXXXXXXXXXX on 12/Jul/2019 00:00:00 and text a reminder on the day. You'll be billed as normal until then, and you'll see any credit on your final bill. Finally, if there's anything we can do to keep you, please get in touch for a chat about your options.

Should I be worried that it says "disconnect"?

Also, retentions told me I won't need a new sim, but some on the forum say they've been sent a new sim when moving from pay monthly to PAYG. I'll be out of the country on the transfer date, so I want to make sure I'll be on the same sim. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this post any use? If so, be amazing and press the little star under my name :Smiling:

If I've solved your problem, please click 'solved' to send me some love!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @urban469, I'm really sorry for any confusion that's been caused. When you move from a Pay Monthly contract to Pay as you go, you won't need a new SIM. Your current one will be moved from contract to Pay as you go and you won't need to do anything. 

I'm glad Abul has double checked that your numbers not going to be disconnected, it's nice to have some peace of mind 😊

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to clear things up for you. 

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can well understand that the wording "disconnect" would make anyone sit up and take notice. 

For peace of mind I would suggest to phone Vodafone support on 191 and they'll double check and confirm what's going to happen.

As no one here has account access I wouldn't want to suggest it's just a term Vodafone use when switching your number from Pay monthly to Payg. Better being safe than sorry.

Usually to stop any Early Termination Fees they carry out this process at the end of your contract term and the process usually takes 30 days. Itvfakes place before the actual end date so your mobile number isn't lost.

Some have been able to just carry on using their current sim as its typically an online change and new settings are sent to change the internet settings in your phone from monthly to Payg apns.

This can be also performed by texting WEB to 40127 or manually change the apns in your phone which are in How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings.

One option could be to pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and ask them to sim swap your info to a new sim card if necessary if your current sim stops and you get a no service showing in your phones status bar.

The Payg sim they should have sent you will activate once you pop it in and typically top up.

A sim swap if necessary which takes around 10 minutes to complete.

However if the network is busy this can be occasionally longer.

When a change like this is happening it's best to be in the UK.

Terms-and-conditions > Moving-from-pay-monthly-to-pay-as-you-go.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply :Smiling: it would be great if someone from Vodafone on here could double check my account to make sure it's not being "disconnected". And to ensure that I'll be on the same sim. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this post any use? If so, be amazing and press the little star under my name :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @urban469 

As I said we Members can give you our advice here but it's best to speak with Vodafone for account access.

However there is no account access now from the forum via the Vodafone Social Media Teams here.

However the same times via Vodafone Facebook and Vodafone Twitter which are the official pages can assist as well as customer service on 191.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

urban469

Are you very sure about the change of sim? Because two different retentions staff (who checked with a manager) said it would be on the same sim.  

And yes, thanks for the roaming warning. I'm actually using a non-UK sim as well. 

It's strange because two different managers in retentions said the opposite...

BandOfBrothers

@urban469 wrote:

It's strange because two different managers in retentions said the opposite...

We are customers like you @urban469 

As I said I've seen the situation where a person has used the same sim when going from pay monthly to Payg.

It's a different situation when going from Payg to Pay Monthly as then a new sim is needed. 

Again do please check with Vodafone customer services for official clarification  

Current Phone  >

I really appreciate your advice @bandofbrothers @anns. Yes I know you're both just customers, I've been using the forum for years (and tried to help others :)).

It's just that @anns seems more knowledgable than the two managers who told me the opposite, so I'm worried that Vodafone CS aren't telling the truth. 

It's disappointing that the eforum team isn't on here any more. They were awesome. I've sent them a DM on Twitter and I'll let you know what they say. 

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Social Media Teams are still here on the forum to answer general questions @urban469 

It's queries that require account access that are no longer answered via the forum.

Current Phone  >

Thanks @anns, I really appreciate it :Smiling: