Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching number

BennyJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I would like to reclaim an old Vodafone number that I had around 20 years ago. When I call the number it is disconnected but when I've spoken to someone at Vodafone I've been told it's not available for use.

Wouldn't a disconnected number normally return to a pool and be available for consumption? I think it has been disconnected for years. 

It would be good to get a second opinion on this from somebody at Vodafone.

Thank you 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There have been plenty of previous threads asking this question @BennyJ if you use the forum search facility and  ask your question these will come up.  I have just done this using retrieve disconnected number and a list of previous threads came up.

The period for reconnecting and locating the number is 3 months, If it's been that long since disconnection, the number will be impossible to locate and retrieve, it will not be long gone and could be anywhere is the system and may be in use on an alternative network.  Unfortunately, there are not an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers and networks have no choice but to reallocate the number when disconnected.

I am sure this thread will receive a reply from the Social Team.

Thanks for the reply, I have seen the other threads but they don't answer my question 100%.

In my case I used the number many years ago, I have been outside the UK and now I'm returning I'd like to reclaim that number. All I know is the number is dead when I call it and that has been the case for years also.

AnnS

You won't be able to get the number back @BennyJ , you may have used the number 20 years ago , it's been disconnected for far too long, you also mention you have been trying to call the number for years and it's dead.

As you would have seen on the previous threads the question has been asked before and the number has not been available.

Vodafone should have logged the thread for a reply, if you need a quicker confirmation drop the Social Team a message with a link to the thread here: Contact Us 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BennyJ - It’s very unlikely that we’ll be able to retrieve a number from this long ago. The way to check this, is if you speak to our Sales team by calling 08080 408 408, they could possibly see if it’s still around to be allocated.