Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching to vodafone

rlt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hopefully someone can help...

I’m currently with O2 but due to the bad reception in my area I have decided to switch to Vodafone. Fingers crossed it works better!

I ordered a new phone and contract on Sunday and the phone was shipped out to my home address. It wasn’t until the sale had gone through that I realised I wasn’t given the option of changing the delivery address, which I needed to change due to nobody being home for a few days to sign for it. I rang the phone company to tell them of my situation and he advised to cancel the order and then ring back in a few days to re-order, after the phone has been returned back to them.

They received the phone back today and I now have to wait for a final cancellation email from them before I can proceed any further.
Little did I know that the PAC code had automatically activated which has now caused my O2 service to be terminated.  My current phone’s answer machine now automatically kicks in as Vodafone and I can no longer receive/ make calls. I’m assuming this is because I cancelled the new vodafone contract immediately after purchase and the system never had time to update the information??

Theoretically I now have a Vodafone number but am not classed  as a customer. Does this mean I have now lost my number? The guys at the phone company are not much help and said they’ve never come across this before. Baffling! Apparently you can’t use a PAC code from vodafone to vodafone so I’m now unsure where my number actually is !

Anyone come across this before?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When you say “ phone company ” did you go through an independent to open up the Vodafone contract.

As you've cancelled the Vodafone contract I would have a word with o2 to ask what status your account is.

Vodafone on 0333 3040191,  Live Chat or the Social Media Team  can check what's happening at their end.

No you can't use a Pac for Vodafone to Vodafone but I don't think you'll have lost your number.

The best option is to speak to both networks customer services ASAP to get this resolved.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was through Mobile Phones Direct, online. I have since rang and spoken to both them and Vodafone. I will  give o2 a call to see what they say.

Thanks for the reply!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @rlt 

What did Vodafone Customer Services advise  ?

The independent I assume won't really be able to intervene as they don't have any access to either Network Systems and are just really there to initially set up the contract on your behalf and collect the payment from the Network for doing so.

Would you please let us know how you get on with this ?

Best of luck with this.

Current Phone  >

MPD are saying I need to wait for the final confirmation email before I can do anything else. Still waiting for this. 

Vodafone are saying they can see me on the system as a fully paying customer with an active number (my original phone number), so can’t do anything until the order comes up as cancelled.

When it’s cancelled my number will go back into the ‘pool’ of numbers... Really??

The main thing is that I keep my number, so with O2 I tried ‘what happens if I changed my mind’ and they said they could probably get my original number back and to ring them once it’s  been cancelled. 

I’m assuming I will be able get a PAC from Vodafone and move to another network, but would this still be my original number if it goes straight back into the ‘pool’?

Will let you know the outcome once I get the email through.

BandOfBrothers

The mobile number is yours so if you did ask Vodafone for a Pac once the port has finished and use that ASAP before your 14 days cooling off period then the number moves to the new network you give the Pac to @rlt 

A number would only be quarantined and placed in a number pool if the owner gave it up by using using STAC etc or if on Payg didn't use the number for 180 days.

Current Phone  >

Good to know, thanks!

Spoke to vodafone this morning and they have assured me that they will put my number aside and then when I get my new phone and contract they will transfer the number.
Just have to wait for the final cancellation email from MPD until I can do anything. Still hasn’t come through. I’ll chase again tomorrow.

thanks for all the advice 

BandOfBrothers

🤞 all goes well @rlt 

Current Phone  >