cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trade In Return Bags promised 4 times but never received !! Complete failure of Customer Service

dickins11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

At the end of March I upgraded my Samsung phone to an S22 and agreed to trade in my S9 for a £15 monthly discount on an offer that was available. When S22 was received I completed the Vodafone App Trade in tool which confirmed the S9 was accepted and I would soon receive a Return Bag. Shortly after this a text arrived chasing up the return so I spoke to an advisor. After a very long conversation I was told there was a delay in issuing bags but it should arrive in 2 or 3 days. 2 days later I got another text saying I had 24 hours to return phone or Trade-In discount would drop. Spoke to 2nd advisor and after 1 hour was told another bag would come to me. Nothing happened and when I received my next billing advice my £15 discount had been disallowed. Spoke to Complaints Dept who told me something had gone wrong in dispatch so not to worry a new bag was on its way. That advisor said she would phone me in 2 weeks to make sure all was resolved to my satisfaction. I even had a text confirming this. 

Now to the good stuff!!! 3 days later I was out and DPD left a note saying they could not collect my parcel. On phoning DPD to ask what parcel they confirmed it was Vodafone who had given them the instructions but in any case without a Vodafone return bag showing a bar code they could not have taken the phone anyway.  I waited a few days for the lady to call me as promised to point out the DPD matter. As she did not call when agreed I spoke again to Complaints Dept who apologised and said a 4th attempt to get the bag to me would now be made. That was on 6th June and I have heard nothing since nor received a returns bag.

I have been with Vodafone for 26 years and this is the worst Customer Service I have ever come across.

Is there no one in Vodafone who can sort out for me what is effectively a simple matter?? 

I am £15 a month out of pocket because of Vodafone's own errors!

Where do I go next?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's not good at all @dickins11 

I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM for assistance.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advice. I have posted a DM on Twitter with the link to my complaint. Hopefully this now works!