Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trade in done, diagnostic tool?

MaaKii
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

On January 25 I've done the trade in via the Vodafone app on my old device, a Samsung Galaxy S10 -128GB, after I had bought a Galaxy S21 Ultra with the trade in promotion. Everything was ok and I just needed to wait for my envelope to come.

Now, nearly a month later, and literally COUNTLESS of calls and chats to customer support, telling me to contact the trade in people for help, which in turn tell me that I still need to complete the full diagnostic of my device and should ask costumer support with help for that. 

However; Every. Single. Time, customer support has no bloody clue what I'm talking about and they send me back to the trade in people. They refuse to tell me where I can find that diagnostic stuff. I've googled for ages and I literally begged them for help because I just want to send my device in after trying to get this sorted for weeks and being scared that I get overcharged because I'm not sending in my old device.

Please I really need help to get this sorted ASAP!

PS. sorry if it sounds a bit rude, but I'm getting desperate here.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @MaaKii 

At a guess, this will be the My Vodafone trade in diagnostic tool here: Trade In 

Also see here for further information: Trade in Offers - phone condition 

When you receive the trade in envelope, it might be worth mentioning that due to Covid 19 restrictions, there is a delay processing trade ins and you will be waiting for longer than usual for a response but should hear back within 30 days.  Vodafone should send some communication to the effect.

Any problems, speak to Vodafone using live chat or contact the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Hi Ann,

I should have specified this in my previous post, but I did do the trade in correctly. When I call the tradein guys, they do see that I did a successful application and what device I'm trying to trade in. However, they keep referring me to the diagnostic tool which I can not for the life of me, find where it is, and they refuse to tell me because "it's not their responsibility, but customer support"... 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It sounds like further checks need to be completed @MaaKii on your old phone. If you're unable to see the Diagnostic tool, have you received a link to this via email or text for the Trade-in Tool? You can also access this through our My Vodafone app through the Assistance menu. If you're unable to find this, please ensure you're using your old phone as well as having the latest Android software (the minimum software you can have on the phone would be Android 10.14) and the most up-to-date My Vodafone app.

Once all the steps have been followed through the Trade-In Tool on your old phone, you'll then get a 'success' message and the returns bag will be sent out to you. 

Please let us know if these steps work for you.

Just been reliably informed that trade in tool ain't working.

Likely to be updated by Friday!

That's correct as I had to call them today (07-04-2021) after receiving more texts warning me that if I do not complete the trade-in tool I will lose my discount. (done 4 times now). Spoke to a nice chap who informed me that the link built in the trade in tools was old so nothing was being sent to the trade in team.  Was told by Friday this week we should be getting a text with the new link so I will have to setup the S10 for the 5th time and redo the test.  Poor show in my book.

Anyone having any luck with this, ready to launch phone out the window!!!!

For me after literally MONTHS of of trying; calling, chat, email, this... I finally got it to work by going through the complaints line. 

The diagnostic tool constantly gave me an error according to Vodafone, saying it was incomplete, while the tool itself kept saying everything was handled correct and that I should get a bag soon (obviously none ever came).

After trying so hard I called the complaints line because I was just going in circles. They helped me out saying I would get a bag and that would be it. Never has gotten the bag and over the course of a month I had to call the complaints line 4 times again for the same issue till eventually they settled on a manual collection. 

This meant that I had to buy a package myself from the post office, and Vodafone would collect it via DPD, they gave me tracking and reference numbers and whatnot (very important that you keep this and a copy of the IMEI number when the phone was gone). A week later the webpage of DPD still said it was picked up but nothing else. 

So I called complaints again and they looked into it for me, as I had all the information that I mentioned above, they saw it was in their warehouse and ready to be processed. 

I've never gotten a confirmation email or whatnot but at this point, I'm like "It's Vodafone's problem. I did my job and the phone is in the warehouse."

I hope that gives you some insight of what to do

carahandley

not rude at all....ive been waiting since 24th september...and made more calls then that..guess what, im on the phone again to them...biggest joke ever...C