Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer in to Voda and change number ownership

Crellster
4: Newbie

I have an account on O2 my son uses. He’s going to start his own contract and he wants to join Voda

I want to : 

A) Transfer the number from the O2 account in my name to the new contract he’ll set up on Voda

B) close the O2 account

My worry is because it’s two different people named on the “from” & “to” account this might not work via a Puk / pac type transfer ? No

how can I go about this? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

If your son is wanting to take service with Vodafone, he should:

- Apply for the Vodafone service of his choice. This will come with a new number (think of it as a temporary one)

In the background, you need to 

- Get a PAC code from O2

Your son then needs to

- Give that PAC code to Vodafone

As a result of this, the number will migrate from the O2 contact that is in your name (this account will automatically close) across to your son's new Vodafone contact.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as is known @Crellster you can transfer ownership of the number only with O2 by contacting Customer Services but your Son would need an O2 contract for the number, this makes it complicated when you want to close the account.  There should be some information on the O2 website.

The other alternative is for you to request a PAC from O2 and submit the PAC Vodafone to port in the number. This would enable you to take out a contract with Vodafone, and complete a change of ownership to your Son by completing this information :Transferring Number and Agreement .

If you take an Evo contract here Evo it will only be the airtime part of the contract you are able to transfer, the device part is a credit agreement.  To get around this SIM only may work, I am sure with Vodafone if you take out an Evo contract, they will write off what remains of the SIM only.

Please be aware for the change of ownership, Vodafone will credit check your Son.  The other alternative is to ask Vodafone to split the airtime part of the contract, this will give your Son control over the online account and paying the airtime part of the contract.

Customer Services /Live chat are there to help and advise, when you have the contract they will be able to answer any questions you have.

donnyguy

If your son is wanting to take service with Vodafone, he should:

- Apply for the Vodafone service of his choice. This will come with a new number (think of it as a temporary one)

In the background, you need to 

- Get a PAC code from O2

Your son then needs to

- Give that PAC code to Vodafone

As a result of this, the number will migrate from the O2 contact that is in your name (this account will automatically close) across to your son's new Vodafone contact.