Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer of mobile ownership

DVsupportplease
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have an account for 2 devices and broadband. 
I am having to move in secret due to domestic violence. One device is my exes, that I currently live with and I don't want him to have any idea where I am so I need to transfer to him. After I fill the form out what is the process? I just need to know what information he will receive, how long it will take to get to him and how I can go about making sure he does not have access to my address change. 
I'm really concerned and I just want a clean break where he's got nothing to hold over me. What happens if he refuses the transfer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DVsupportplease 

The first step in getting the contract moved is to complete the form on the link sent over by @BandOfBrothers. Once you have completed the form, our Transfer of Ownership team will contact the new proposed owner, this normally takes 2 working days. The team should only be discussing the number and plan that is moved, rather than personal details on your account. 

If the proposed owner does not agree to take over the contract, the number would remain in your name on your account. We would then recommend that you reach out to us on a private message using Twitter or Facebook so we can check the commitment terms and the cancellation date for the number. 

As mentioned by @AnnS, you also have the option to change your personal number with our Customer Care team. The team can also update any security details on the call as-well as checking the registered contacts on your account. 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DVsupportplease 

First I'm sorry to hear your in this situation and I hope all goes OK for you.

Transfer of Ownership is if you have a Pay Monthly contact in your name and you want to pass that contract to another person who wants to take a contract on.

The other person has to agree to take it on.

It has nothing to do with devices

i.e a phone.

If you took out a contract in your name and that included a phone then that phone belongs to you.

More here Information about Transfer of Ownership and the transfer-of-ownership form. 

If the phone belongs to the other person then …

In regards to a device / phone all a person needs to do is to factory reset the phone which takes it back to the last successful software update and deletes your information.

Remove the sim card and any relevant Sd card and give the phone and charger /  accessories back.

In cases like yours I'd take time and date stamped photo's of the phone to prove it's aesthetic condition and that it turns On.

If Safe to do so hand it to them in front of a viable witness.

Vodafone can't share personal information with another person due to GDPR Rules.

Vodafone and privacy. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DVsupportplease 

Would have thought Vodafone would only be concerned with the new owners information.

Don't depend on your abusive partner to complete the Transfer of Ownership, if you want a clean break, finances permitting cancel out the contract, there may well be some early termination charges by following this information: Cancel Account As you will only be cancelling one number you will need to speak to Vodafone to make the cancellation.

I would also ask Vodafone to change your number, you don't want your ex knowing your number.

Hi @DVsupportplease 

The first step in getting the contract moved is to complete the form on the link sent over by @BandOfBrothers. Once you have completed the form, our Transfer of Ownership team will contact the new proposed owner, this normally takes 2 working days. The team should only be discussing the number and plan that is moved, rather than personal details on your account. 

If the proposed owner does not agree to take over the contract, the number would remain in your name on your account. We would then recommend that you reach out to us on a private message using Twitter or Facebook so we can check the commitment terms and the cancellation date for the number. 

As mentioned by @AnnS, you also have the option to change your personal number with our Customer Care team. The team can also update any security details on the call as-well as checking the registered contacts on your account.