cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transferring a Pay as you go number over to Pay Monthly...

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

When filling out the form to move a pay go number over to a new pay monthly plan here, it states under step 3 the following: "We'll (Vodafone) will apply any credit left on your Pay as you go account to your first Pay monthly bill."

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 19.11.27.png

I had £23 credit available and it hasn't been applied to my first Pay monthly bill.

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have a word with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Social Media Team's  and they'll check for you @WelshPaul 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hey, @WelshPaul  We seem to be speaking quite regularly.

I suspect the reason for this is the first bill was already generated before the number change and this will be done on the subsequent bill.  However, there is also the question of you taking out a Basic Plan through a third party.

I would get further clarification on this through the Customer Service channels here: Contact Us 

WelshPaul

I think my first bill was generated before the number was moved over although the request to transfer the number was put in the same day that I ordered the SIM only plan via the vodafone.co.uk website.

I'm not that concerned if I get it now or next month (if I get it at all). If I don't, would have been nice to know as I would have spent it prior to moving the number over.

AnnS

Basics Plans are not sold directly by Vodafone @WelshPaul when you are on a Basics Plan you would gone through an affiliate window via a third party site.

Don't worry, at least the Social Team are here to get this sorted for you.

WelshPaul

Yes they are, I searched for cheap sim only at vodafone.co.uk:

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 15.52.13.png

I clicked on the first result and it took me to: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/sim-only-deals/cheap

I then clicked on the "See the deals" which took me here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/b/

I then chose my plan and I was directed to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/basket where I completed my purchase. I didn't look at, or visit any other website before, during or after placing my order. It was all done via vodafone.co.uk. 🤔

AnnS

Indeed you are right @WelshPaul I just tried the same as you with the same results.  Strange these deals seem to be hidden.  Certainly don't show here: SIM only 

WelshPaul

Like I said, it was 100% all done via the Vodafone website. 🙂

I wasn't trying to be rude with my reply AnnS and I do appreciate your help (and yours BandOfBrothers). I guess I will just write off the lost credit, still happy with my purchase. 👍

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @WelshPaul 

Do try the Social Media Team's via the links, and or Customer services just to make certain it's lost.

Who knows as a Goodwill Gesture they may add a credit to your account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have asked Vodafone over on twitter to take a look at this thread and confirm if my Pay go credit should have been transferred over or not.

Everything seems a bit of a mess on the Vodafone website, It says one thing on one web page then on another is says the total opposite!

Example:

What's not included?

If you don't use it, you shouldn't have to pay for it. But if you're wondering if there's anything you'd miss, make sure you'll be happy without the features listed below:

• Roaming and international calls are not available with Vodafone Basics - only emergency calls are available abroad with this plan

So roaming isn't supposed to be possible with a basic plan and yet on my bill it says (and I quote):

"Basic unlimited mins and texts,1GB data,2GB additional data,4GB additional data,5GB additional data, Vodafone Global Roaming"

Weird!