Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Two phone problem

eselleg
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

Long story short is that I have two phones on contract.  One was used by my ex (now returned, SIM cut in half) - phone 'Z', the other is mine.

My phone is due for upgrade November, phone 'Z' is due April 2023.  Financially it's a nightmare paying for them both.

I have put my sim in phone Z.  My son (who is on a different network has my handset - he's just on a PAYG as that suits him)

What I would like to do is not upgrade my phone/plan come November but cancel the plan and save me some monthly £ (it's SIM only) but I guess that I would then lose my number that I have had for eons?

I would not want to use the number that is attached to phone Z.  But I am told I can't transfer my number to phone Z as both phones are on Vodafone :Sad_face: 

I just want one phone and have my number!  And, in terms of cancelling my contract, do I need to give 30 days notice before the contract ends or does anyone know a workaround just in case I forget!

Thank you - hope this all makes sense.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @eselleg text INFO to 85075 this will give the cost to end the contract today.

You have paid for November already so nothing stopping you from ending next month or October.

You will need to order a PAYG SIM from say O2 or EE, activate the SIM to port your number to the other network for minding,  If you refer to this link you can order a replacement SIM for the number used by your ex, you will need this to receive the verification code from Vodafone here: SIM swap 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

That could be done @eselleg but you will lose the number used by your ex.

When your contract and number ends November, request a PAC code, as you have more than one number, this is completed through your online account.  See here: Cancel Account Port your number out to any other network on PAYG, this will at the same time end your contact.  When the number moves request a PAC from the other network, port back in on the number used by your ex. by completing this form Keep My Number  Your number will replace the number used by your ex and you will have the use of his contact with your number until April 2023.

Hope that make sense.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You will obviously also need to get a replacement SIM as you cut up the old one.

Hiya

A thought :Smiling:  Could I do this earlier?  As the early upgrade fee is getting lower, I was thinking that if I did the 'changeover' say October, instead of November, I'll just have a payment to make for whatever the 'early upgrade fee' is and no other termination costs?

Thank you for the answer re going from two to one, it's most helpful :Smiling:

AnnS

Yes @eselleg text INFO to 85075 this will give the cost to end the contract today.

You have paid for November already so nothing stopping you from ending next month or October.

You will need to order a PAYG SIM from say O2 or EE, activate the SIM to port your number to the other network for minding,  If you refer to this link you can order a replacement SIM for the number used by your ex, you will need this to receive the verification code from Vodafone here: SIM swap 

Hi

I'm getting geared up for the 'transition'.  Picked up a SIM card (EE) today.   I've a upgrade fee of £65.23 as of today so watching that until it gets down to a manageable figure :Smiling:

Also got the new SIM for the 'X' phone and got that sorted out.

On the path to one phone :Smiling: