Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to Remove VODAFONE from my GOOGLE Account

crazydaz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How does one void Vodafone's access from my Google Account?

Denying Access from within Googles Security/Privacy settings does nothing.

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

I haven't come across a situation where Vodafone would request access.   Where did you allow it?

YouTube Premium

hrym

Ah, was that part of an inclusive offer?

Following up on this, I had a look at my Google account and, under Security, there's a section on 3rd party access.   I was more than a little surprised to see that Amazon had full access, which I revoked.

Have you revoked from there?   If you do so successfully, I assume that YouTube Premium would no longer work for you.

It won't let me :Sad_face:

After contacting Google customer support, they said themselves that Vodafone has to do it from their end. Which is quite shocking... But when I contact Vodafone they say they dont know anything about it. SO I just don't know what to do now.

I will try cancel my whole contract altogether, and then maybe get something which doesn't require access to Google. I mean it is quite scary, all my life is in bloody Google.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This will be as a result of you having Youtube Premium through Vodafone. Have they removed it from your account?

Yeah, multiple times now

hrym

That's weird, because the whole point of Google is that it gives you control (I thought).   What permissions does it have?   In my Amazon case, it was effectively full control, althgough I eventuallly remembered that I'd tried out a Fire tablet a few months ago and had set up Gmail etc on it, so that was logical.

Does anyone else have YouTube Premium from Vodafone and does anything appear on yoru Google account?