Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to receive verification text messages after change of number

Santa500
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Im having problems using my number for text message services, for instance it won’t allow me to setup my online banking using my new number or using 2 step authentication using my gmail. I am not receiving the text messages to set up the service.  I have no problem receiving texts from friends.

the issue started when I changed my number using the pac process, number switch absolutely fine but I now have this issue.

I’ve spend hours texting back and forth with voda tech support, they’ve unfortunately not been able to help me. I’m going to try them again tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice or direction on who to email would be greatly appreciated.

29 REPLIES 29

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Santa500! It sounds like we needs to check your number with our porting team to ensure all the files were transferred from your old provider correctly. If you haven't done so already, please pop a message to our Social Media team and they'll be able to enter your account and contact the team on your behalf to get this investigated and resolved as quickly as we can 🙂

Many thanks I’ll try message them on facebook and post back how I get on and any resolution found. 

My response was to call 191… which is what I did originally. 191 simply

sent me a text after going through a few options on the automated voice service. Im back to square one. 

Does anyone know I get get in touch with complaints. The numbers I’m being given my text chat aren’t working.

Hi @Santa500, we're sorry to hear that you're no further forward with this. Can you please send us a private message on Facebook with your Community username or a link to this thread. Our social media team will be happy to review the thread and help with your query. 

I’ve done that. I sent a link to here. Which the person didn’t look and so I copied the details over and he didn’t help. I spent another hour back on chat this morning, again no success, no one is eager to put me through to the porting team, and the number provided does not work

We've sent you a private message on social media, if you could confirm the information in the message, one of our advisers will be able to review the account. You'll have to keep us updated with how you get on. 

Ok thanks I will

The port team told me it was 100% not an issue at there end and put me in to tech support who are going to call me back tomorrow to replace my SIM card.

from lots of reading typing of previous issues in this forum it appears to be a split services issue, however when i mentioned that to the port team they said it wasn’t. 

I’d be surprised if the SIM card fixed the issue seeing as the sim works flawlessly in every other aspect.