Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very Poor Repair Service.

RussB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Phone developed a rattling sound after around 11 months of use. Sent to Vodafone for repair and they advised me that it is common for Samsung phones of this age to develop rattles. I have been purchasing Samsung top of the range phones for many years and never have I had one develop a rattling noise. If the phone was out of warranty then fair enough, but its under one year old with an additional year after that. I requested them to look into this further as I did not accept the verdict. Next day I received an email to say phone was on its way and in the return package would be a summary of work carried out. Yesterday I picked my phone up which wasnt a great experience as Vodafone choose to send the phone back to you with no option to have it redelivered to a new address or neighbour. Some people have to go to work to pay for their phone bills so cant be sitting around all day waiting for a phone. In any case I picked the phone up from the delivery depot and opened it. The letter inside stated that the phone had had the latest updates applied and this should have fixed my issue. Firstly the phones was upto date unless an update came out while the phone was with Vodafone. Secondly I always though these updates were software updates, seems they can update a phone to stop it rattling. So I unwrapped the phone and to my surprise the update must have also changed the colour of my phone from red to blue. I though thats ok as it was an update, I will update it back to red. I then flipped the phone over to discover the update had added a finger print scanner to the rear of my phone (mine was built into the screen). Turned on the phone to find out that my shiny red S20+ 5G had turned into a dull blue A21s vastly inferior phone. Pleasingly the phone did not rattle. By the was I was using a friends old phone because Vodafone did not provide me with a temporary phone. When i arranged the repair I told the guy that I needed to have a replacement phone as I needed to be in touch with my mother on a daily basis as she was ill. I was told that would not be a problem. So called Vodafone last night and told him the issue, after a very long silence I asked if he was still there and could he hear me, yes was his reply I can hear you fine, so what is the issue with the phone they have sent?  I was left on hold more than once for minutes at a time while the guy looked into this for me. He could tell me nothing and then advised we will look into and send your phone if we have it. I told him I would like someone to look into this and phone me to let me know they still had my phone and would sent it out. I didn't want to be just waiting without knowing. I was told someone would phone within 24/48 hours (or email). Its now approaching 24 hours and nothing. I consider this to be quite a big blunder but will there be a call or email to enlighten me to the reasons why such an error could occur......nope. I saved a couple of quid by going with Vodafone but gained a whole lot of hassle. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hey @RussB I hope you're doing well and having a lovely week. 

I genuinely am very sorry to hear about your experience with our Repair centre and the way this situation has been handled. 

If the order is set up as an exchange then the DPD driver will not be able to deliver your replacement phone without taking the one you currently have in return. We need to access your account to check the order and ensure this gets resolved for you. Please drop our Social Media team a message here so they can securely take some details from you and get this sorted. 

OK, so called courier as again delivery went to my house, however on this occasion he may also have tried next door. I called DPD and they did ask if it was a swap, I said no as Vodafone told me to KEEP the phone (have requested all recordings and data from last 30 days to prove this as considering legal action). I have now sent DM on Facebook as suggested by Steph. I simply need Vodafone to ask DPD to deliver the phone without collection or to allow me to go to a dpot and do this. I already said I would happily have the phone sent to a shop and exchange (even though i was told to KEEP the incorrect phone i was sent). But Vodafone are being as obstructive as humanly possible. I have now been on Facebook messenger for over 30 minutes and still not through the security check. More evidence thaat Vodafone can not cope with the level of queries and complaints.