Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VeryMe Rewards Error

s4nj4y
2: Seeker

Ok, so I re-joined Vodaphone 5 weeks ago, mid October. Had my number ported over & had a online account created for me. Since then, I've not been able to access the VeryMe rewards section on the mobile phone app (My Vodafone app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myvodafoneapp&gl=GB). I can login OK on the app & also on the desktop PC. I've contacted the agents on the online chat half a dozen times - no help, just been told various "fixes", i.e. reinstalling app, deleting cache & also some nonsense such as "you're seeing the error screen because you don't have any rewards to view yet, they will be there at xmas"! I've tried calling 03301245647 but after waiting over an hour on hold i gave up. 

The error screen is attached. I've never had this issue before, I've been a Vodafone customer at different times over the past decade. 

This is so frustrating, the online chat agents seem to not know what is going on....any escalation of the issue isn't followed up - I was told I would get called back & never received one. Not experienced such poor resolution of a issue from customer services for a long time. 

Any help much appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen it suggested that you need to have 2 paid bills on your account before you can access VeryMe.   It might therefore be worth waiting until that has happened.  if it's still not working then, drop the Social Media team a note on Facebook or Twitter.

Ok, I've just got VeryMe rewards working on my phone now. How did I do it? Well i saw a post on this forum saying the best - or in fact as i found, the only - way to have this resolved is to contact VodafoneUK via social media. I created a Twitter account just for this reason & direct messaged https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK. From there about a day later someone from their social media team got back to me & said they would pass on my case to the technical team & let me know when it was fixed. Two days later they have just contacted me to say it's been fixed...i've checked my phone & i have access to VeryMe rewards now! So thats the way to do it. Forget the talk of "you have to wait x weeks for y bills to be paid before you can access VeryMe"....its nonsense. Forget trying to go through the online chat...."the agents are just very limited in their knowledge, they can only fix simple issues from their 'script' & sometimes just give you incorrect information"....forget about trying to "call 03301245647 - a number i was given by the online chat team - its unmanned or undermanned - i tried half a dozen times, over 3 days, staying on hold for > 1hr and never got through". I've read that Vodafone customer support is pretty dire & i've got to say it is IMHO....they only exception is the Twitter account team. They were polite, knew their stuff, answered quickly & were efficient. But it took me 4 weeks to realise this was the only way to resolve my issue. Hope this helps others. 

A bit more information. The Twitter social media team have confirmed with me that "...it takes two weeks for a new plan to get VeryMe rewards live and up and running on the account...". So once you're a new Vodafone customer, be patient & wait the required time. And then if after 2 weeks you still don't have access to VeryMe rewards, following the process i've described above. 

Thanks for this info. I have been trying for weeks for someone on this forum to help me with this same problem. I have had 3 Vodafone employees reply to my thread. I have spoken to Live Chat 4 or 5 times. I have been provided a help email that bounces back as dead. I have been given that same phone number that rings and rings and rings with no one answering. Vodafone customer services are truly useless

Glad to help @jamesoniphone. Yeah, i think since Vodafone have closed down their UK call centre and out-sourced it abroad to save £££ (incidentally, last years profits were €4.1bn lol) its harder to get difficult queries resolved. They can't have an actual phone call centre abroad because people in the UK won't understand foreign accents, so it's all done via "online chat" as its simple to read english. However, like you and I have found, anything difficult they cannot resolve which leads to customer dissatisfaction. Anyway, their own website https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/vodafone-apps/vodafone-veryme-rewards then under "Who can get VeryMe Rewards?" says a 48 hours wait, yet the social media team have told me 2 weeks. I'm guessing the website is wrong. I did wonder about their level of customer services & then found; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-best-mobile-phone-networks-worst-vodafone-o2-a88... which probably sum's up our experiences. If it wasn't for the VeryMe rewards, I would probably choose a different network TBH.

Sarah3103

Same here get texts about awards but can't access keeps comeing up error