Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits 12 months – ROAMING questions

BeKind
3: Seeker

Looking at:  Vodafone  Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits > Inclusive roaming in 83 worldwide  > VFUK eSIM > 12 months > Monthly £43.

Plan details are:   Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits / 5G ready at no extra cost / Unlimited UK data, minutes & texts / Xtra: Device Care / Xtra: Unlimited Picture Messages / Xtra: Inclusive roaming in 83 worldwide destinations

What's included:  Take your home plan abroad > You can use your UK allowance of data, minutes and texts at no extra cost in more European and worldwide destinations than ever (Zones A, B, and C).

Australia is in Zone C

––– Does that mean I can go to Australia and basically make unlimited calls and send unlimited SMS messages from there to the UK an 82 other countries?  And also have unlimited data whilst roaming in Australia?

14 REPLIES 14

garetc
12: Established

Looks like only data has a limit of up to 25GB but if they deem it as excessive compared to your regular usage then they'll contact you to advise there will be a charge. (source) 

5. Roaming:
a. You must not use any inclusive roaming services more than would be reasonably expected. Use of our services while you are
roaming is intended for temporary, periodic travel such as holidays and short breaks.
b. We will monitor and check your roaming use. If, during any 4 month period, you roam in our roaming zones destinations for 62 days
or more AND your corresponding roaming usage exceeds your usage within the UK, you may incur additional roaming charges.
We will send you notification two weeks prior to charging you any additional roaming charges, to allow you time to adjust your
usage accordingly. These additional roaming charges will be: £0.033 per minute for calls, £0.01p per SMS/MMS and £3.13 per 1GB
of data
c. You will still be able to receive calls and texts from friends and relatives at no extra cost.

This has been discussed on here before but if in doubt contact CS (on social media so you have a record of it should you be given wrong information).

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Need-help-with-understand-Vodafone-s-fair-use-policy-for...

garetc

Sorry first line should read the below, can't edit my post!

Looks like only data has a limit of up to 25GB, calls and text aren't mentioned but if they deem your usage as excessive compared to your regular usage then they'll contact you to advise there will be a charge. (source) 

Thanks. I wasn't going to download 24/7 or anything excessive, but also what constitutes as excessive call and text, 5000 minutes and 5000 text a month? 

chistery
16: Advanced member

If you're going for a while and it's not just a quick holiday, local eSIMs are worth looking at nowadays

I need a UK SIM for bank verification etc..  I tried virtual UK SIMS, they don't work for bank verification 

BeKind

Under..   

Plan Details > Additional charges

International charges:

An international call or text is one made from within the UK on our UK network to a mobile network or landline outside of the UK. Unless we have told you otherwise, international calls and texts are not included in your plan allowance

International Calls                                                                        Price

EU and EEA (Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) destinations

21p a minute

Other European destinations

£1.71 a minute

The Rest of the World

£3.00 a minute

International Texts                                                                        
Price

EU and EEA (Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) destinations

6p a message

Rest of the World (up to 160 characters)

74p a message

–––––  So does that mean that when I'm roaming in Australia that, I can call or text anyone in 82 other countries for free (included in my plan),  BUT if they call me, or call me back – it's £3.00 a minute?  and if they return my texts its 74p each time?

The above post is for the following plan...

83 roaming destinations
Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits
Speed: Fastest available
Data
Unlimited
Minutes & Texts
Unlimited
Monthly*
£43

chistery

So how long are you going to be abroad for?

A while. I'm an expat. I won't be using the UK SIM everyday (more like a few times a month, and mostly on standby) and won't be making calls everyday or using data, as I have a local AUS SIM plan here and will use that for data and local calls & SMS here, but I need to be able to stay in touch with friends and family back home, and be able to use it for UK bank verification etc... Also, when I travel to other countries on holiday like Singapore, US, back to the UK and Europe I should be able to use it without too much additional costs?

The only Vodafone UK SIM plan that looks suitable would be...

Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits
83 roaming destinations
Speed: Fastest available
Data
Unlimited
Minutes & Texts
Unlimited
Monthly*
£43