Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone basic plans are still misleading

TV175
4: Newbie

IMG_0014.jpegIMG_0015.png

Basics plan does not come with 5G despite all the misleading information suggesting they do. Please can someone point me to the bit online that says they are 4G  only before I go to advertising standards. 
Is a Basics SIM only plan not a SIM only plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Effie

Hey @TV175 I hope you are doing well. Our Basics plans are not 5G compatible and these are separate to our standard SIM Only plans. If you go to the Basics page here and scroll down to the 'Compare our Plans' section, you'll see that unlike other SIM Only plans, the Basics packages do not have access to the 5G network. 

Steph_0-1713779334741.png

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Scroll down to 'compare our plans' Basics  @TV175 you will see there is a cross against 5G to make it clear 5G is not included compared to other SIM only plans.

Basics are simply as they say basic plans to include calls, texts and UK data. You are able to roam in Europe, to save cost it is possible to add roaming pass.

Effie

Hey @TV175 I hope you are doing well. Our Basics plans are not 5G compatible and these are separate to our standard SIM Only plans. If you go to the Basics page here and scroll down to the 'Compare our Plans' section, you'll see that unlike other SIM Only plans, the Basics packages do not have access to the 5G network. 

Steph_0-1713779334741.png

If you go through the "Lets find the best SIM only plan for you" that I took the screen shots from that link is not there. 

In any case saying "All our SIM only plans come with 5G as standard" is a LIE. Saying otherwise in small print was made illegal many years ago.

As I advised @TV175 our Basics plans are separate to our SIM Only plans so the wording of "All our SIM only plans come with 5G as standard" is correct. The Basics packages have their own dedicated page and their own eligibility criteria. As @AnnS advised, they are designed to be a service that provides the very basic features at a lower cost than our other traditional plans. 

LOL I will quote that reply when I go to Advertising standards, you must realise hiw absurd that sounds.? 

You're well within your rights to do that @TV175 and Advertising standards will check this with ourselves. I can assure you though that our Legal team do check and authorise everything that is posted to the website before it is posted to make sure we are following and abiding by all necessary legislations but I am sorry for any confusion or concern this caused. 

How did you get on with the ASA? @TV175 

TV175
4: Newbie

Decided to just go to MVNO, will close account early and pay the penalty -  works out cheaper and get 5G. I don't need free coffee or cheap tickets, just 5G in case they ever get round to upgrading the area. (Still 2 streets away from 5G here).  5G is basics these days, Most of the MVNOs provide it as standard,  free coffee and partnerships is not basics, it's malarkey.

By the way this forum cannot be accessed on the vodafone network today (nor on my partner's Lebara). Cannot connect to the server.  Had to wait til I got home.