Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone not taking money/ruining my credit score

Tiphaine001
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

my name is Tiphaine and I really hope you can help me. I realised at the start of March that Vodafone have not been taking money from me since October, however I never cancelled my direct debit. I was never notified either via email, text or anything of this issue. The only reason even I noticed it in the first place was due to checking my credit score. This has been messing up my credit score all these while. Upon finding out I immediately call them , they told me that once I cleared of the areas the they were going to clear off the marks on my credit score. I was ready to pay then and there on the phone , however the person said that it did not allow them to take payment over the phone. She asked me to call back in 3 days and i will then be able to make the payment over the phone. I called back , only to be told that this was still not possible to do, and also that my account was ‘broken’, that it needed to be rebuilt. They promise to call me back in 3 days again, and no one did . I call them back the following week , no update, still unable to make payments and my credit score still worsening. I have asked them to informed their credit team that they were working on my account, it seem to me that this was not done as my credit score went really down again due to this issue. I’m really stressed out, I have called multiple times now only to be told that they still working on rebuilding my account. It is almost 3 weeks now and this has not been resolved . I do not like debt , I want to make sure that my credit file is cleared off of this as this is not my fault at all. Please help me ! 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tiphaine001 

Vodafone don't cancel direct debits, the usual reason a direct debit backs out is when there has been an issue collecting the money but this should have been communicated to you by the bank, this would also have shown as unpaid on your bank statement and online banking account and should have been raised with your bank.

It's surprising Vodafone has allowed this to continue since October, they should have sent you some communication requesting payment giving you the opportunity to put the account in order your service would also have been restricted until the payments were up to date.

The best thing to do is to speak to the Social Team through Twitter/Facebook channels here: Contact Us they will have the important account access and get this raised with Collections and the Credit Team.

@Tiphaine001 I wish you the best of luck and hope you get this solved.  What an awful worry for you.

Thank you so much!