Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wanting details removed from account

Tg20
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I am wondering if any one can help as I am at my wits end with this!! 
when I was with my now EX partner we got a phone on Vodafone he is main account holder but the bills were coming out of my bank , my full name DOB  was all there including my home address, since we have split over a year ago I keep getting emails ( my email address was used for the account ) saying he has changed passwords pins etc so now I can not get on to remove my personal details 

I have asked Vodafone on countless occasions what I can do about this and I get told “nothing “ without the login details but won’t listen he has changed them all and he is main account holder so they won’t allow access to the account... I don’t want access to the account I simply want my personal details removed dob address where I live bank details email address etc but they will not do this ... he does not have my permission to have these details , I have anxiety and he is doing this knowing I get the emails and each email will get my anxiety up he has changed the password 3 time’s there’s no need no one especially him very clever man forgets passwords that often in a couple months , my credit score has stayed I have made many applications for credit recently when I haven’t so I’m guessing this is him using my personal information they are all for protecting him!! What about protecting me he now knows where I live all my personal details and I keep getting the emails from Vodafone . Please tell me there is something that can be done about this ? 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm sorry to hear of the breakdown of your relationship and that it has ended up with your frustrations involving your information being on the account in regards to how it was paid @Tg20 

I assume you've spoken to him about this and he's being difficult  ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can only help the account holder or person named on the account that is allowed access.

If you are a named person then they would normally help but they do need you to pass Security Protocols to protect the account which I appreciate isn't an option as he has changed those protocols.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

There is no account access via this forum.

I assume you've stopped having Vodafone bills coming from your account ?

In regards to the emails you could mark the incoming one's from Vodafone as Spam so you stop getting alerted to them and they'll drop into your spam folder instead.

I appreciate you want your details removing but at least marking them as spam stops you being made anxious by receiving them. 

If you think any Searches have been carried out on your Credit File then you can check your file by using one of the Credit Houses. Experian is one option who also offer a free trial period.

They can also advise you on what can be done if you feel another person is committing identity theft.

I wish you all the best with this. 

To add my advice is to also speak with family etc i.e don't bottle this up if this is affecting  your health.

Maybe one of his family can intervene and ask him to do the right thing.

There are professional bodies available to help you with your anxiety too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Tg20 

As already mentioned to you by Vodafone, you are not the account holder and there is nothing that can be done for you.  You are asking Vodafone to breach all GDPR data protection regulations and access the account holders account without permission from the account holder.  The account holder has changed all log in details to stop you from having any further access to the account.

Vodafone won't have your date of birth or any information about you, they are only concerned about account holders personal information, all that will have be listed will be your bank account details, but if you have cancelled the direct debit with your bank that will now be changed to the account holders bank.  If emails are coming to your address, it won't be your concern and that will soon change, for now just simply mark them as spam and block the address they are coming from.

You are obviously extremely upset at the breakdown of your relationship but this won't be a Vodafone issue for you and will be between you and your ex.