Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling on Pixel 6a

ArslanAKhan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Morning,

Just got a new Pixel 6a. How do I turn on Wifi calling?

It is turned on in my account, but the option to turn it on just doesnt appear on my phone anywhere.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

If you have tried everything from device guides here Device Guides @ArslanAKhan you will need to speak to Vodafone as request them to send the OTA configuration settings file to your phone.  Live chat should be able to process this for you.  Alternatively, drop the Social Team a message through Twitter or Facebook social channels here: Contact Us 

edited to add:  The list of supported devices is here: Data Calling unless I have missed it, the Pixel 6 is supported but not the 6a.

BandOfBrothers

Although Vodafone do state All these phones support both WiFi and 4G Calling when bought from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK network providers and third parties are unlikely to support Vodafone WiFi and 4G Calling – with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless "

We've known Calling Over Wi-Fi to work on some models not in the list,  but it's not guaranteed @ArslanAKhan 

Calling-features/wi-fi-calling 

I do hope your successful in getting your phone working with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you both for your help with this.

I will get onto Vodafone support and see what, if anything, they can do, and will report back here if they can sort it.

Thanks again.

AnnS

Yes @ArslanAKhan 

It won't make any difference where you purchased the phone Vodafone can't change Google software.  When you speak to Vodafone and ask them to send the OTA settings file, don't tell them it's a 6a just tell them it's a 6.

The phone is quite capable of Wifi calling, I hope you are able to get the feature enabled.

You're very welcome @ArslanAKhan  👍 

The Vodafone Agent will try their best for you in regards to getting this useful feature working.

We have seen that they've managed to achieve this before on an unsupported phone.

Do please let us know how you get on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Have you tried removing it from your on line account, waiting for the text to say it's been removed, then adding it again?

Hello. Me again.

I contacted support, who checked it for me and said it was good to go.

I sent the CALLING text message as advised, restarted the phone, and there was the WiFi Calling option. But as soon as I selected it, it simply disappeared from the menu. It just wouldn't work, despite me trying it multiple times.

The Android 13 dropped. Following the installation, the menu item came back and I was able to turn it on. It's working fine now.

Thanks for everybody who helped.

I have a Pixel 6a on Voda network. I've been sent an email about 3G switch off with recommendations to enable Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling but I can’t on the Pixel 6a on Vodafone.

Has anyone found a way to get this working at all ? I can see many other Pixels support both features.