main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

data sim ACTIVATION

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

I've just signed up for a DATA SIM ONLY deal.via the net. I received it yesterday and it is not active.

CUSTOMER SERVICES SEEM INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING ME WHEN I SAY I DON'T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER SUPPLIED WITH IT.

Can somebody PLEASE get me sorted ot I am cancelling it and going back to Three!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

From the thread I pasted on earlier it seems a person received a resolution by persisting with Customer service until they engaged with a front line agent who had the required knowledge to sort this out. 

Is it possible the dongle is at issue? Maybe the APN settings need looking at. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
13 REPLIES

Hi

May I ask if you have a Vodafone store nearby as they usually can help. 

Also sometimes I've heard that inserting the sim card in a phone and activating that way can help. 

Failing that the community forum has official Vodafone Teams who read all posts and help where they can. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
View more options

I'm over half an hour away from my closest Vodafone store in Barry and the sky has just gone ultra black with a torrential downpour just starting.

I'll,pop it into an old Motorola Timeport and see if that does any good

Thanks for the suggestion

View more options

Ok. 

The link I added may hold some help too. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Its definitly picking up a signal in the phone

But nothing on the dongle

Now saying the profile is invalid

View more options

From the thread I pasted on earlier it seems a person received a resolution by persisting with Customer service until they engaged with a front line agent who had the required knowledge to sort this out. 

Is it possible the dongle is at issue? Maybe the APN settings need looking at. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Sorry for the late reply.

The dongle is fine, just got a Three SIM into it  and it just sparked into life

Now the possiblity is the APN settings so I need to find how I get those...

View more options
View more options
Amazon it's unlocked and open to all networks.
View more options

Cool. 

Then it should work when the correct Vodafone Apn's are entered. Good luck.  

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Hi @peterkin262

Before you are able to use the dongle, you first need the correct APN settings and download the correct software and drivers.

You can find how this can be done on the link below.  You will need to enter  the device, you will then find the correct settings.

Device Support

Software Download

As far as the number is concerned, with the SIM being preactivated, you will be able to see this on your dashboard as soon as you start using the service.

If you are unclear on the settings and software, live chat will always help and quite sure they will even email the setting and software information direct to you.

View more options

Its all sorted now.

Over TWO WEEKS to get my Data SIM activated!

But it is now working.

View more options

And thanks to @Lee and everybody else who tried to help.

Funnily enough the voice calls part was active though. I could insert the SIM into an ancient Timeport 260 handset and was able to dial 191 and get through.

I popped the SIM into my Huawei e8372 Wingle (?!) and was just about to complain to Vodafone when it suddenly burst into life.

But I've got a decent 3G signal here (No 4G funnily enough!) and a reliable data signal.

Thanks again.

View more options