Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

joined vodafone, numbers differ

forpucksmake
1: Seeker

hey guys, i bought a sim only vodafone contract and according to the information provided on the recipt and paperwork, the phone number should be a certain number, but the one on the sim is different.
i spoke to customer services and they told me that this is a temporary number and would revert to the number on the paperwork in a couple of days.....I've never heard of this before and was wondering whether this sounds right? the company is mobiles.co.uk so it's not a small company, my main issue is i have a PAC code that i need to use ASAP so don't want to be messed around wasting time. and also there is the fact that there is cashback on the contract and I don't want to mess things up on this end either.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @forpucksmake 

The numbers should match from the paperwork to the one on the sim card.

I assume you've checked your number by " Use your Vodafone mobile to call *#100# free.   "

Is it Vodafone customer service's you've spoken to or mobiles.co.uk Customer services who have advised regarding the advice it's a temporary number ?

If the latter then contact Vodafone please.

I appreciate your going to use a Pac to give to Vodafone to move your number from another network to Vodafone.

How-do-I-join-Vodafone-with-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

It could be a paperwork error and I appreciate you're not wanting to unsettle the deals you have on the contract.

Just make sure that your account is set right and watch your billing carefully.

Personally I'd be contacting Vodafone to double check everything before your locked in.

Customer Services on 191 , Live Chat can access your account to check. If you use Live Chat then keep the transcript of the Chat and screenshot the conversation.

You can also use the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they too have account access.

I wish all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.