main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

retrieval of old Vodafone number

1: Seeker

I would like to find out if it is possible to retrieve an old mobile phone number we used to have. 

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @NicolaGadd

How long ago was it disconnected please?

And if you ring it now does it connect or not ?

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here should be able to.clarify if its possible once they catch up with your thread.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4: Newbie

If its been more than a certain amount of time, normally 7 days it gets recycled and given to a new customer so anything after that you won't be able to retrieve it.

View more options
16: Advanced member

Old numbers are kept in quarantine for 6 months before being issued.

If you want it to be retrived has to be done within a very short time as once it enters quarantine it can not retrieved.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @NicolaGadd. We can usually reconnect a disconnected Pay as you go line for up to seven days.

A Pay Monthly number can usually be reclaimed up to around 90 days after it's been disconnected. Please let me know how long you've been without the number and I'll be happy to advise you further. 

View more options