Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

retrieval of old Vodafone number

NicolaGadd
1: Seeker

I would like to find out if it is possible to retrieve an old mobile phone number we used to have. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @NicolaGadd

How long ago was it disconnected please?

And if you ring it now does it connect or not ?

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here should be able to.clarify if its possible once they catch up with your thread.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

If its been more than a certain amount of time, normally 7 days it gets recycled and given to a new customer so anything after that you won't be able to retrieve it. :Smiling:

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Old numbers are kept in quarantine for 6 months before being issued.

If you want it to be retrived has to be done within a very short time as once it enters quarantine it can not retrieved.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @NicolaGadd. We can usually reconnect a disconnected Pay as you go line for up to seven days.

A Pay Monthly number can usually be reclaimed up to around 90 days after it's been disconnected. Please let me know how long you've been without the number and I'll be happy to advise you further. 

Is anyone able to help me out please?

I have a monthly contract and changed my number. However I got rid of my original number on my account. I am now needing the number I got rid of. I have tried to ring the number but is it not ringing through so I’m assuming it hasn’t been assigned to someone as of yet. It has been around 2 months since getting rid of that number. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Mlcx_98 - We can certainly look into this for you, however we can never ensure that you'll be able to get the number back. Please drop us a message on social media so that we can access your account 😊 Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread, your forum username and your mobile/account number.

Declan24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have the same issue a mobile number that I had for years , but since got a work number & haven't used it in years . I tried to ring the number its not in use . How can I go about retrieving this number?

Thanks,

Declan

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Declan24 - While it is unlikely we would be able to retrieve your number depending on how long it's been since you used it, we can look into this for you to double check. Please drop us a DM on social media with your old mobile number and we'll get to back you on there. Make sure to include a link back to this forum and your username so that you don't have to repeat yourself.

Hi Evie , I've just replyed to your message on twitter .