Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rsap with Galaxy Note 3 will not work with Audi

eddiedee
3: Seeker
PLEASE HELP!! LOL
My car wants to use rsap with my phone and when it does I cannot make or receive calls. I have identified that this is an issue with Vodafone sims as an O2 sum works fine. Can anyone help with this issue? Much appreciated in advance!😢
25 REPLIES 25

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Bluetooth in cars is a nightmare!  Someone else (can't find the thread at the moment) was reporting similar issues with a Skoda, which is also part of the VW group - non-Vodafone SIMs OK.

It's a tricky one as implementations are difficult to diagnose and the car end of things is often out of date and/or poorly implemented.  The only things I can suggest are a SIM swap and asking a dealer to make sure your car's software is fully up to date.  I assume there's no way to deny rsap?

eddiedee
Thanks for your reply, it worked perfect with an iPhone 5 because it was not using rsap, don't think I can turn the function off? It automatically goes to remote sim with the Samsung 😢

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eddiedee

We can give you a more up to date SIM in store, to see if that helps. It's strange that it wouldn't work though, as this is usually more phone related.

eddiedee
Thanks Ben but I think the sim is up to date as I had to change from iPhone 5, 2weeks ago?

It was me.... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/SIM-Cards/m-p/2429874#M5936

Although my issue is a little different, but may still be caused by the Vodafone SIM/Network.. 

Mine will connect and work perfect on rSap in my Skoda Superb, but it will disconnect for no reason, sometimes it will reconnect, others it connects as basic handsfree, and then maybe not at all... This was with my old S3, which is now using a Virgin Mobile SIM to test this, and Note 3 and my new Note 4, all did the same with the Vodafone SIM..

As stated in the above link, I need to test this for another 2-3 weeks with the Virgin Mobile SIM, as it can, with the Vodafone SIM go 2 weeks then disconnect, and as I only use the car 3 days a week, Friday to Sunday testing takes a while Lol 

So far with the Virgin SIM, it has gone 8 days, over 3 weekends no issues... I will be out again this weekend so I will test again... Once it goes 5-6 weeks then I know it is a SIM issue, with the Vodafone SIM it goes maybe 2 weekends... 

@eddiedee The Note 3 does come with rSAP enabled.

We’d advise speaking to your car manufacturer so they can investigate further and check the software.

The dealer actually changed the bluetooth module in my Superb for the very latest one, still did not cure it :Sad_face:

Reading the Skoda forums "3" SIM cards have issues with Skoda bluetooth, but not all, it depends how old and what manufacturer, in fact a member had 2 "3" SIMS, one worked one didn't, so it does look like SIM cards can cause issues...

As I say I do need to test the Virgin Mobile SIM I have on my S3 for another 2-3 weeks, and if all OK it must me the Vodafone SIM, so I will try a new SIM... But until it goes a few weeks I will not be sure.

For the record, been out today and the Virgin SIM worked perfect again.. :Winking_smiley:

eddiedee
Yeah I think it's a vodafone sim card issue my friend connected on his new s6 through O2 no problem! Very frustrating and He even asked me am I going to move to O2? Lol
Thanks for your replies much appreciated.

**Update**

Just to keep you updated, the Virgin Mobile SIM in my old Galaxy S3 has worked perfect again this weekend.... So, so far 12 times without issues or almost a month which us unknown.... 

Since having the random disconnections I have kept a record of each trip... Bluetooth OK or not so I can see when it works, how it connects again etc.. 

As I only use the car in question 3 days a week, as I use another for work, I will continue to test for a couple more weeks, and if and I do say if this is not just a sheer fluke and it stays fault/drop free for another 2-3 weeks then it must confirm a Vodafone network/SIM issue.. I will the try a new Vodafone SIM.. 

In the past I have used my SIM in the Galaxy S3, and my new Note 4 and had the dsconnect issued... I also tried a PAYG Vodafone SIM in a Note 3 borrowed from work and that did the same... again points to Vodafone network/SIM... 

Will keep testing and keeping you updated :Winking_smiley: I am still not 100% convinced until it does a few more weeks, but it is looking like a possibility.. 

If it is and a new Vodafone SIM does not work, hence a Vodafone network/SIM issue, I may use the Virgin Mobile SIM in my car and just divert my Vodafone number to that when in the car... I can get a cheap and good pay monthly package from Virgin Mobile, and do that until my contarct ends in 2017 then look at my options... I may have even changed the car by then :Winking_smiley:

I will be happy knowing the reason more than anything..