Ask

Solution

Cannot unlock Sony Xperia 5

PixelRated
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

I cannot unlock my Sony Xperia 5.

I've triple checked that my IMEI is correct, even got my housemate to check it to ensure. I filled the form in online and got a reply quite quickly with a code. I've carefully tried twice now to input the code, both times it's telling me it's been unsuccessful. Again, I've 100% certain both the IMEI I provided and the unlock code I'm typing in are correct. Is there a specific issue with Sony or the Xperia 5 device when it comes to unlocking? I'm wary of trying the number again in case I lock myself out, I don't know if there's a maximum number of attempts allowed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this makes any difference but the new sim card I've put in is Smarty which runs off Three I believe.

Thanks and kindest regards,

- Craig.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There has been some issues experienced by Sony phone owners with unlocking their phone @PixelRated 

Please ensure your non Vodafone sim card is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

I would suggest to perform a forum search to bring up some recent threads that may hold some tips and info.

The Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can have the Nuc checked.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello @BandOfBrothers !

Many thanks for the rapid reply, very much appreciated.

I do have other devices I can check the sim works in, I'm fairly certain I put the sim in an unlocked phone when it first arrived and data was working fine already, but I'll do that again to check.

I'll do a forum search to see if that yields any help as you suggest.

Again, much appreciated for your help.

Hello there!

I've checked and the sim works in other phones, no issues.

I've ran a search of the forum and this specific issue cannot be found.

I'll ask the Social Media team to check the NUC.

Do you have any other advice please?