Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Locating mobile number on SIM card

andrekahn
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi can anyone tell me how to find out what the phone number is for a SIM card.  Am trying to unlock an old IPAD I bought from a friend a few years back - she can't remember the number and I have the SIM serial, the IMEI etc but no phone number so cannot unlock it on Vodafone.  Help much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @andrekahn 

If you are able to put the SIM in a phone and dial *#100# will bring up the number on the phone screen.

If this is a PAYG SIM the problem is going to be when the SIM has not been used for a long period,  after 180 days of non use it would have be disconnected from the network.

You can order a free PAYG SIM here: Free SIM this will enable you to use the SIM on the network and apply for the unlock after 30 days use here:Unlock code request form 

BandOfBrothers

You will have to insert the sim card in a phone etc to get the number @andrekahn 

Vodafone Payg sim cards are available at corner shops and petrol stations too which would then mean you wouldn't have to wait for one to get through the postal system which I assume would be pretty much backlogged right now.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.