Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Master code

Dutchy1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone to use with another SIM Network. I have entered various codes PuK, NUC etc, having read other posts it appears i need a Master Code for my handset from Vodafone. How do i get this as no one appears to know what a master Code is?

Many thanks

56 REPLIES 56

thanks - the phone i have is a Sony Compact about 4 years old. 

The various types of lock are...

Unlock to all networks which needs a Nuc (and in some cases a MCK Mastercode)

Sim Pin which is a security feature that stops a person ejecting a sim card and using it in another unauthorised phone. This is a 4 digit pin.

Puk is a code that is needed if a person inputs the Sim 4 digit pin wrong too many times.

Phone entry pin set by the owner.

Usually your phone just needs to have a non Vodafone sim card inserted which invokes a pop up box to key in the Nuc @kooldiamond 

Maybe a Google Search or look for a Sony Forum might yield yet more info. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there, I am also having the same problem.

I have recieved my unlock code but after several attempts iI now get the message:

"Sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk"

It seems i need the master code,  could some one get in touch and help me with this please?

thanks

Simon

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @swimonb! We'll need to take your details securely to provide you with the master code for your phone. As we'd be unable to take these on a public forum, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll get your phone fully unlocked for you.

By including a link to your post along with your Community username, you then won't need to write your query again as we'll be able to read your post from here 👍

Hi Tash

thanks for your message - thanks for your advice - I have sent you a message via twitter

cheers

Simon

Hi Tash

As requested I have contacted you by twitter and facebook. Unfortunately no one has replied from vodaphone over the last two days. What should i do now? Perhaps you or someone from the NUC team could email me to let me know?

Thanks

Simon

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@swimonb Our Social Media team work on a queue based system, so I imagine it must've been really busy when you've initially contacted us. Have you since received a reply now? 

Hi Josh

Thanks for your message. I have received a reply - they say that I cannot have the Master Unlock code as I am not the account holder. The phone is out of contract and was given to me by the ex-account holder.  The ex-account holder now wished to have nothing to do with vodaphone for another customer service issue. What should I do now? All I want to do is to use the phone on another network - is that OK?

thanks for your help

Simon

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@swimonb Oh right, this can be a sticky situation then with you not being the account holder. BUT! I do know a way around this for you, it'll take over 30 days to get done though. You'll need to purchase and Top Up a Vodafone Pay as You Go SIM, use it for 30 days in the phone you're wanting to unlock and then request the NUC via the online form again. This way we'll have an account linked to you with valid usage on with the IMEI! I know it's not ideal, but due to GDPR and the account holder wanting nothing more to do with the phone; there isn't any other way around this. 

Anyone know what this.. I have successfully entered the NUC code from Vodafone and says successful, then I get prompted to enter this and I have no idea. 

Vodafone customer services don't know either.