Ask

Solution

NUC

raytay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have requested a NUC code 4 times since October and still not received it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I spent an hour on the phone last night he thinks it’s due to me having an insurance claim done years ago. Tried again will let you know if I get it sorted 

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @raytay  what handset do you have ? If it’s an iPhone you don’t receive a code, the unlock is carried out by Apple remotely, simply try a non Vodafone sim in to see if it’s unlocked. 

Hi it’s iPhone 6s 

BandOfBrothers

Then its as @63johnw advises.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.
So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 
The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you.

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 
From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.
When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @raytay 

If you are trying to unlock an Apple 6S, it will already be unlocked, it was the one Apple phone that Vodafone did not lock to the network.  All you are going to need to be an alternative network SIM, follow this with synchronisig to Apple and follow the on screen instructions.

This is probably the reason Vodafone are unable to proceed any further.

It’s saying it’s locked 

BandOfBrothers

Have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Team's @raytay 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They'll be able to further assist.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help 

AnnS

Hi @raytay 

What was the final outcome to this ?  Would like to know.

edited: @raytay  Just read your reply.  If you made an insurance claim for a lost phone and then found the phone, the phone will be the property of the insurance company and will be IMEI locked to all networks.  That could well explain the situation.

I spent an hour on the phone last night he thinks it’s due to me having an insurance claim done years ago. Tried again will let you know if I get it sorted