main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

raytay
2: Seeker

Hi I have requested a NUC code 4 times since October and still not received it

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raytay

I spent an hour on the phone last night he thinks it’s due to me having an insurance claim done years ago. Tried again will let you know if I get it sorted 

View solution in original position

View more options
19 REPLIES 19
63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @raytay  what handset do you have ? If it’s an iPhone you don’t receive a code, the unlock is carried out by Apple remotely, simply try a non Vodafone sim in to see if it’s unlocked. 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Have you had in return an email from Vodafone UK confirming they have accepted your Unlocking Request which is the first step before being supplied an unlock @raytay 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
raytay

No I had a message to say verify and I did then it confirmed this haven’t heard anything since 

View more options
raytay

Hi it’s iPhone 6s 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Then its as @63johnw advises.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.
So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 
The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you.

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 
From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.
When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

View more options
AnnS

Hi @raytay 

If you are trying to unlock an Apple 6S, it will already be unlocked, it was the one Apple phone that Vodafone did not lock to the network.  All you are going to need to be an alternative network SIM, follow this with synchronisig to Apple and follow the on screen instructions.

This is probably the reason Vodafone are unable to proceed any further.

View more options
raytay

It’s saying it’s locked 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Team's @raytay 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They'll be able to further assist.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

View more options
AnnS

Hi @raytay 

An iphone 6S won't be locked to the network.

What message are you exactly getting, it may not necessarily be a Vodafone issue.??

You mention the error you get is the phone is locked. 

If the phone was network locked you would get the message 'invalid SIM' or 'SIM card not supported', if the screen is just saying locked, it may well be locked for a different reason.  For example:  An incorrect passcode, where you will need a PUK code, or even where the phone has been locked by Apple, or in an extreme case when the device has been reported lost or stolen.

Presumably, you have had the phone for some time and used the device with a Vodafone SIM and now only wish to use the phone on an alternative network.

View more options
raytay

Thanks for your help 

View more options
AnnS

Hi @raytay 

What was the final outcome to this ?  Would like to know.

edited: @raytay  Just read your reply.  If you made an insurance claim for a lost phone and then found the phone, the phone will be the property of the insurance company and will be IMEI locked to all networks.  That could well explain the situation.

View more options
raytay

I spent an hour on the phone last night he thinks it’s due to me having an insurance claim done years ago. Tried again will let you know if I get it sorted 

View solution in original position

View more options
63johnw

This used to be a frequent thing when an insurance claim was made and a new device provided, if Vodafone weren’t updated the wrong (old) imei number was still on their system somewhere causing a problem with unlocking. 

View more options
raytay

Yeah I think that’s what the problem was so fingers crossed it’s sorted. Tbh it’s been hard work getting help on the phone it’s taken around 6 calls before someone helped 

View more options
AnnS

Yes @63johnw 

It sounds like the phone is IMEI blocked.  However, being an iphone 6S, it would not have come network locked.

View more options
63johnw

Could it be that if it’s been provided from somewhere that meant it network locked to first sim put in @AnnS  ??

View more options
raytay

Hi all finally got my phone unlocked so the problem was the imei number changing once an insurance claim has been done 

View more options
63johnw

That’s great @raytay  finally got there 👍

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Good to hear you managed to find your own answer via the Vodafone Customer Service Agent @raytay 

Yes your right.

If a phone is replaced under warranty then the new phone's imei number needs updating on Vodafone's Database so the unlock request can happen.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

View more options