Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nuc unkock code not working

Richie66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone from Vodafone solve my problem, iv requested a NUC unlock code and the number was sent but on imput, I get unsuccessful messages. Have tried 4 times, don't want to block my phone if it fails again. Do I have to wait for my old number to migrate onto my new provider sim before I imput the number or is it just another simple reason? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Richie66 

Yes please don't input the Nuc too many times because you could hardlock your phone which would then mean it would need sending away to be reset.

Once Vodafone provide a Nuc all they should need to do is use an activated alternative network sim card.  i.e connects to mobile data etc.

A.person must be in the UK.

If your still having issues perhaps try another alternative network sim card.

Or phone 191 or use Live Chat or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  and they'll check the status of the unlock and liaise with the Nuc department.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Richie66 

Yes please don't input the Nuc too many times because you could hardlock your phone which would then mean it would need sending away to be reset.

Once Vodafone provide a Nuc all they should need to do is use an activated alternative network sim card.  i.e connects to mobile data etc.

A.person must be in the UK.

If your still having issues perhaps try another alternative network sim card.

Or phone 191 or use Live Chat or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  and they'll check the status of the unlock and liaise with the Nuc department.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I received my NUC code last week. According to the email it shoukd be a simple matter of inserting the sim (O2) into my old phone which is an iPhone 8 Plus - except it isn't working.

Please help. I'm going out of my mind. 
Many thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MairAT To complete the unlock process you'd insert a non-Vodafone SIM and then connect to iTunes or perform a software restore (be sure to back up your device if doing this last step). Please let me know if this does the trick for you! If you're still having any issues, please pop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter with your Community username and a link to your post.

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your response. Alas, when I insert the sim into the phone in question, I'm unable to do anything with that phone. I'm afraid I just don't understand.

Furthermore, I went into a Vodafone shop today and was told I'd need to re-insert a recognised Vodafone sim (i.e mine) back into the old phone for upto 30 days for it to unlock. 

The advice is inconsistent to say the least!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MairAT, updating your iTunes software on your phone with a non-vodafone SIM inserted should unlock your it and allow you to use any SIM. If you're still struggling with this, pop us a meesage on Facebook or Twitter as @Tash advised and we'll take a closer look into this for you 😊

Hello? As I keep explaining, I physically can't do anything with the phone because it says the sim is not supported. This is the non-Vodafone sim, as I've been instructed. I've tried messaging you directly. I'm still awaiting a response

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MairAT We'll pick up your Facebook or Twitter message as soon as possible. Have you since received a response from the team? If not, please ensure to include your Community username with a link to your post and I'll be able to track this down for you.