Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic unlocked?

Alvie
4: Newbie

Hi,

I was wondering if the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic is unlocked when bought outright from Vodafone directly?

I have purchased my smartwatch from you already but I've received an advertisement email and it says this:

"Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Series terms:

Galaxy Watch4 Series 4G connects exclusively on Vodafone*

*Available to all Vodafone Pay Monthly Mobile customers on a Red Plan. You will use the allowance from your current PAYM or SIMO plan to call from your Samsung Watch. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with an Android smartphone with OS Android 5.0 or newer and at least 1.5GB RAM required."

What does it mean by connects exclusively on Vodafone? Would I not be able to use a different network with it?

I was told this prior to purchase:

"The watch is 4G compatible and most watches are unlocked, but if locked to our network this can be updated."

Can someone confirm this for me please?

4 REPLIES 4

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alvie! It's just the wording of the email. The smart watch should come unlocked to any network. If you try another SIM card from another network and this doesn't work, you can fill in our Network Unlock Code form here

It's an eSim so does that affect anything?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

No. Most smartwatches can also be connected via Bluetooth and don't require a SIM card so you should also be able to connect this that way to your phone 🙂

Thanks for the response.

I was told the model I purchased had 4G connectivity, hopefully it will have the ability to work without my phone on me with any network via the eSim in the smart watch.

Though from your communication and prior communication, I assume it is unlocked to any network so I can use any eSim in the device.

Thanks