Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to unlock old contract phone

fatgeezer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Upgraded from a Motorola G8 to a Huawei in August 2020, I now want to unlock the old Moto so my wife can use her giff gaff sim in it as her phone has packed up. Was thinking it should be a reasonably simple thing to do,but no. The digital assistant was worse than useless as expected. I ring 191 only to be told to follow a link in the text that was never sent (twice),and then got cut off. I want the code to unlock the old phone,not the new one. Am I ever liable to get this sorted.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @fatgeezer 

If you have followed the information here: Unlock your phone or SIM , I suspect the problem could well be due to the IMEI number no longer being registered to your account, although Vodafone should have been able to unlock through your account.

The other alternative is to use a PAYG SIM in the phone to register the IMEI against the PAYG number but this is going to mean needing to use the PAYG number with the odd chargeable activity for 30 days.

BandOfBrothers

As @AnnS says you could use a Vodafone Payg sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc to latch it's imei number to Vodafone systems so they can generate a Nuc if the imei has indeed dropped off or fill out the Nuc request form using your contract details as it shouldn't have dropped off from August 2020 unlock-code-request  or consider a reputable online unlocking site or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's although they'll charge a small fee but there won't be a 30 day wait this way using a payg account.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.