Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code refusal email

frankst237
4: Newbie

I have asked for the code (now twice) and I believe that the criteria are all met.  Each time I have received the same email which (to be blunt) is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.  It is a "do not reply to this email address" email so where next?

If one or more of the criteria are NOT being met, how can I (as the end user) find which one it is and then try to resolve the matter?

The email text is here:

Hello,

All requests must have met the following criteria:

·       The device has been used on the Vodafone UK network

·       The device has been used with a Vodafone SIM for at least 30 days

·       The device is not blacklisted, or reported as lost/stolen

·       Pay Monthly customers have paid at least 3 months’ of bills, and the account has no outstanding balance

·       An NUC hasn’t been requested for the device more than 3 times in the last 12 months

Thank you

The email suggests sending another request but this seems a waste of mine and your time.

How can I find out what the problem is and take steps to resolve it?  Can anyone at Vodafone help me please?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @frankst237 

It's wise not to request too many unlocks as this can tag as fraud.

Just to be clear...

On Pay Monthly. 

The sim has been used for 30 days making calls etc.

x3 bills have been paid on time since using the sim card in the phone or x3 have been paid since an upgrade.

No overdue balance.

You have not requested an unlock code x3 times within 12 months.

On Vodafone Payg.

The Payg sim has been used in the phone for 30 days making calls etc.

If you do indeed ##~## request form then you may need to contact customer services on 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

There is no account access assistance via the forum anymore unfortunately.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  As I said in the original post I have asked for the code twice - I can see that the 1st time MY SIM had only been in the handset (a used Xperia XZ1 that I bought from someone on a Vodaf contract to replace my older handset) for 48 hours.

However, the SIM has been in the phone now for over 30 days so I would have expected to get a code.

It is really the email that does annoy me, basically saying "we know there is a problem but we aren't going to tell you what it is.  Have another guess and we'll tell you if you have now got it right or wrong - and by the way, 3 wrong guesses and you are 'out'".

It would seem sensible (and simple) from where I sit to be definitive about the failure criteria to allow users to understand and to set about correcting the problem.

Anyway, I'll give it another ##~## team directly via 191.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Frank

The last line of the above post has been turned into gibberish!!!

It was saying that I will wait a ##~## team to save myself waiting on the phone.

Frank

Something has got to be wrong here.  I will wait a little while before trying customer services.

Didn't receive anything from Vodafone (understandable given the Coravid situation) so I looked on eBay for an unlock code.

Chose the cheaperst one with a good feedback and paid £1.49 for a code.  They do go up to £20 plus which I would not pay for an older phone.  Arrived very quickly and worked first time.

Why do the phone companies make life so difficult?

Anyway, all done now and working with any SIM card - tried an EE one and a French network (Bouygues) card and all fine.

Frank