Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Galaxy S 6

spikkos
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am looking for assistance in unlocking my Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S 6. I have recently purchased a SIM from another provider (Virgin). When trying to use it I get the initial warning that I have an invalid SIM card  - Network locked SIM card inserted. I gather this means my phone is locked to other networks. I have been through the NUC process but the code is not working and I am now on what appears to be an endless customer service loop between Vodafone and Virgin.

The phone prompts  "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". In here I have tried to enter the NUC code that Vodafone have provided me previously but it says that the unlock request is unsuccessful. I've also tried the Virgin SIM PIN and PUK (as instructed by Vodafone) which did not work. I tested the Virgin SIM in another (unlocked) Vodafone mobile and it works 100% fine. This confirms to me that the issue is my S6 needs unlocking.

All the Vodafone advisors I have spoken to keep telling me the same thing;

- they provide me with the same NUC code (that does not work)

- they tell me the fault is with Virgin Media (it isn't)

- instruct me to factory reset my phone (I did this reluctantly as suspected it would not work)

I'm posting here in the hope that someone who actually understands what the problem is will read it and provide some assistance. I need a code of some kind, just not the NUC, Virgin PIN or Virgin PUK!

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so out of desperation I tried the online chat assistant again (I've tried it most nights to see if I get lucky).

In summary he managed to get it unlocked because he realized that the first code I had been sent "in error" wasn't actually wrong but was just required at a different step and was being incorrectly labelled as the NUC with the usual copy-paste response. In fact one was the NUC, the other was actually the network unlock PIN(?) that was required as a first step. All the issues were with the phone being locked in multiple ways and not with the SIM as I suspected.

I think I got lucky to be honest and this could probably have been a long drawn out process if I hadn't bumped in to the right support assistant who knew a bit more than to copy paste the NUC steps.

View solution in original position

41 REPLIES 41

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@spikkos

Try..

"You need to remove sim card then enter the code as folow #7465625*638*#    ( enter it into the phone keypad and press send)

You will then be asked for the network unlock code - the 8 digit code at the top of your post.

The phone then displayed the message telling me that the phone was network unlocked"

From > Unlocking-Galaxy-S6

Credits to @patward

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandofBrothers,

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately I have tried entering the NUC code that way too and it did not work.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @spikkos

I think the next thing to look at is that the phone is asking for a PUK CODE which is nothing to do with Unlocking a phone to all Networks. 

That code is if your sim pin security protocol is toggled On to stop anyone from using your sim or inserting it in another phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm pretty sure it's not SIM related as the SIM works fine in other unlocked phones when I tested it.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spikkos - I’m sorry to hear the issues you’re having with this.

We can check the NUC (network unlock code) for you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Just an update for anyone following this.

I've now had another (different) NUC code provided which still doesn't work.

I genuinely think that for whatever reason there just isn't the expertise or knowledge within Vodafone to actually resolve this. I've sent screenshots and detailed walkthroughts of the issue and am still getting the same copy-paste answers I have to wait 2 days at a time for.

Feeling rather helpless and have zero confidence this is going to get resolved any time soon.

OK so out of desperation I tried the online chat assistant again (I've tried it most nights to see if I get lucky).

In summary he managed to get it unlocked because he realized that the first code I had been sent "in error" wasn't actually wrong but was just required at a different step and was being incorrectly labelled as the NUC with the usual copy-paste response. In fact one was the NUC, the other was actually the network unlock PIN(?) that was required as a first step. All the issues were with the phone being locked in multiple ways and not with the SIM as I suspected.

I think I got lucky to be honest and this could probably have been a long drawn out process if I hadn't bumped in to the right support assistant who knew a bit more than to copy paste the NUC steps.

I have had exactly the same problem trying to unlock a Samsung S6. I had a really helpful guy called Shy from the complaints team and he went out of his way to try and solve but even he was stumped. 

Reading through all the posts relating to this problem Vodaphone have taken no action to try and resolve. I have been without my phone for 7 weeks now.

My next step is a formal complaint & then referral to the Ombudsman.

Just out of interest does anybody have the 'un freeze' code that some posts have mentioned?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ASdf1412 It's disappointing to hear about the trouble you've had with this so far. 

We'll be happy to help get your network unlock code (NUC) to you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.