Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Waiting since 25th Dec for my NUC code and my phone is still locked to Vodafone

Baptist
1: Seeker

My phone which I bought through Vodafone has been paid for since well before the end of last year. 

I’ve since switched network provider but the new sim doesn’t work. The phone is locked to Vodafone. 

On the 25th December I filled out a quick form requesting an NUC unlock code. Nothing has come through. 

On the 4th January I filled out a complaints form explaining the situation. It confirmed this would be dealt with within five days. 

It’s now over 7 days since the complaint and nothing has been done. 

I’m at a loss for what to do. I’m paying for a Sim I can’t use in a phone I own due to Vodafone’s inadequate customer support. 

Any advice very welcome. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Baptist 

Just to clarify you've filled out the Nuc request form and you haven't received a reply from Vodafone via email advising they've accepted your request.

Please check spam email inboxes if you haven't already. Apologies if you've already looked.

Or you've filled out the Nuc request form and you have received the email advising they'll send a Nuc.

May I ask which model of phone your wanting to unlock please.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries should be able to help.  Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I ask because An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 
The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you.

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 
From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.
When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.