Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

problem

wortmann
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. I have bought a locked phone (to Vodafone) on eBay.

I was guaranteed their contract was finished with Vodafone.

Im trying to unlock it, but i don;t even get a repoly from vodafone when i contact them via this website to unlock the phone. can anyone help me out here?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If the original owner won't or can't unlock the phone by requesting it via the Nuc unlocking form then you would need to pick up a Vodafone Payg sim card and top it up and then use it in the phone for 30 days making calls etc @wortmann and then you fill out the unlocking form using your Vodafone UK Payg details.

I assume your in the UK too ?

The only other option is to use a reputable online unlocking site which would be at a cost you via the fee they'll charge.

unlock-code-request. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i understand, however i’m in ireland.

BandOfBrothers

Understood @wortmann 

My current understanding is that Vodafone ie won't be able to unlock it for you as it's locked to Vodafone UK I assume,. or is it locked to Vodafone ie  ?

If so you'll need to meet Vodafone ie criteria for unlocking. These are explained in vodafone.ie/forms/nac. 

Have you tried a Vodafone ie sim card in it ?

As I mentioned in my first reply have you asked the original owner to unlock it ?

If not or can't then you would need to consider a shop that advertises they unlock phone's ( if their open due to the Lockdown ), or look at a reputable online unlocking site.

Or look at the listing of the phone to see if it was listed as locked to Vodafone UK and if not you could ask for a refund.

Are you getting a No Service where the network name should be ?

I ask because if this isn't a case of the phone needs unlocking to all networks but instead it's been imei locked then no network would lift that type of block for you.

Only the original owner who's requested the block can have that lifted. This is usually because the phone has been reported as lost or stolen and then a new one claimed on insurance. I'm hoping that's not the case here.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks a mill! Its registered to Vodafone UK. 

I have asked the seller to unlcok it, however he got it from another seller, at least that is what he said.

i have contacted Vodafone Uk but I never even got a reply back. (not great service). I have a friend who can buy me a sim in the UK, so that would be the quickest option. The EMEI is not stated as stolen, so i hope that is the case here as well.

the original buyer (the guy who sold me the phone) will not give me the number of the person it was registered to int he first place.

BandOfBrothers

You would need to send the phone to your friend in the UK and he use a Vodafone Payg UK sim card in the phone for 30 days in the UK making calls then request the unlock and process the unlock then send it back to you @wortmann 

It's slightly different if this is an iPhone as they are not unlocked using a Nuc. They are unlocked centrally when Vodafone ask them but the criteria of using the phone in the UK with a Vodafone payg UK sim in for 30 days remains the same.

Current Phone  >

Will i need to use it in the UK or can i use it here in Ireland? I can get a SIM card UK no problem

i can get a UK simcard send to me in Ireland. However can i use it here for 30 days and then request the unlock? Or do i need to have the phone on UK network? that is the big question

BandOfBrothers

Hey @wortmann 

The sim would need to be in the phone and used in the UK so that it latches to the Vodafone UK Network.

Current Phone  >

i recon jus tthe one time? and after that first time it can be send back to me, just to wait for a month before i can ask to unlock? 

on a different note do you have a legitimate website that can unlock it for me?