Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Curve App Not Registering After Changing Phone

Iandfisher63
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed my phone from an Huawei to a Samsung and all the apps transferred and just needed setting up again. All other apps worked well but the curve smart app is asking for a telephone number. When I enter my mobile number it says that the provided number is not correct so the app won't open. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Your problem here @Iandfisher63 will be with the App registered against the old number, the SIM would also likely to have been disconnected from the network and you wouldn't be able to receive the OTP security text.  There may be a way to change the phone number in the App.

The V by Vodafone support can be contacted here: V by Vodafone Support 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

I would imagine you would need to uninstall and reinstall the Smart App @Iandfisher63 and set it up for your Curve on your new phone. 

If you continue to have problems speak to V by Vodafone support and they will be able to advise further.

Thank you. I think that the problem is that the app was linked to a phone that I haven't had for 3 years - even though I've only had the device for 12 months. When I enter that old number it recognises it but then asks for a security code sent by text. It's a crazy way for things to work. The only option will be a long and laborious chat with Vodafone 

BTW I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still no joy

AnnS

Your problem here @Iandfisher63 will be with the App registered against the old number, the SIM would also likely to have been disconnected from the network and you wouldn't be able to receive the OTP security text.  There may be a way to change the phone number in the App.

The V by Vodafone support can be contacted here: V by Vodafone Support