Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G to 3G iPhone 12 pro max

LeeBfc
4: Newbie

So all day yesterday I had a nightmare not being able to make calls although I could receive them and access data after numerous web chats calls to cust services I finally was able to start making calls after tech dept did something’s at there end although now when ever I make a call I switch straight from 4G to 3G which I have never noticed before is this me just never noticing or is this something that’s been changed in order for me to be able to make calls?? Could someone check if they have the same thank you in advance 

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @LeeBfc, when you're not a call does the mobile data flick from 4G to 3G? Can you check the Network Status Checker here with your postcode to see if anything is going on in the area. Let us know how you get on 🙂

No it’s constantly on 4G until I make a call then it flicks straight to 3G then when finished back to 4G.. I had issues couple of days ago where I suddenly wasn’t able to make any calls from my phone after numerous calls to c/s also 2-3 webchats a webchats agent managed to get me back making calls but that’s when I noticed it was flicking to 3G unsure how this could have been done?? 

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Whilst on a call @LeeBfc, your mobile data won't be as strong as it will be when you're not on a call, this is why it will drop to 3G during the call and show as 4G when not on a call. The device will prioritise call strength over the mobile data strength. 

So it quite common then just never noticed it happen on my previous 11pro max that’s all