Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch series 6 can’t connect to data plan

Arah9688
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi 

Is anyone facing issue connecting to data plan.  Got my Apple Watch series 6  last week Wednesday.

I have called Vodafone so many time, first they told me to do so sim swap which will take 24h then it will be ok which didn’t work then I called again they said they will reconnect the one number again it will take 48h still no luck.

Called again lady from India who said let me see what she can do been explaining the situation over and over again yet again she couldn’t resolved it as I was getting frustrated she didn’t know what to do she just hanged up.

called again a guy picked up he said he will delete the connection completely this process take 48h said no problem I got a email today saying your one number subscription has been cancelled, so I called today explaining the situation again so he done made the connection again with one number with my primary number, but still saying no sim on the watch, when I go in app and try to connect to data plan it say log on which I do and then message come saying you got maximum number of device registered with your one number.

The best thing about this I can’t even get in touch with the tech team, Iv been on hold for over 1h plus on numerous time and kept all the screenshot of all the time I called, this is crazy being on the phone but no one can help.

will be great if anyone faced the same issue and can help me how you resvoled the issue.

As my contract is coming to out of date if this can’t get resolved I rather give the watch back before 14 days and move to another provider. Didn’t expect to be treated like that after being with Vodafone for 8 years.

Thanks 

28 REPLIES 28

I’m not ganna lie when you talk to someone in Egypt or Indian nothing is getting sorted they say whatever n you hang up and still won’t work, so what I done was call 191 and went in to sale so I requested them to talk to someone in UK so they put me to a tech team in Newcastle, Sophie was very helpful inside couple of minute she knew what was wrong with it, she told me to factory reset my watch and put it away and don’t connect to any device which then she removed all one number service, and said she will call me after 24h and she will take me step by step to get it working and it did work, so try and go in to sale as the sale team are based in UK and request them you want to talk to someone in uk. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear it's taking so long to get your watches connected. We'll be sure to feed back your concerns and get these issues ironed out going forward.

If you've still not got yours up and running @KJR82 one of the experts in our Social team will be happy to look into this for you. Pop them a message through one of our social channels and I'm sure they'll get you sorted in no time at all!

After reading through all of the other customers experiences with this situation, I tried to approach the swap in the most sensible way i thought possible.

New watch arrived this morning and I removed the watch from the old watch and paired the new one, starting from scratch instead of restoring from an old backup.Once this was done I contacted customer services and explained clearly what i wanted to do, and all seemed to be going OK. My old watch has been removed from the onenumber and I received email confirming this. I was advised that the new one would be added and id get a message to advise of this and then the setup could be completed on the phone/watch.

This last bit hasn't happened, and logging in to the onenumber confirms that there is no device attached to the service. Now I'm hopeful that this is just a system delay and that all will connect soon, hopefully.

Yes I finally got my watch up and running tho had a few so called engineers talkin absolute  ie I phone 6s not comparable etc , however I called the following day and  I got another engineer called Will  who finally got it sorted , he removed the one no traded it a d then I did a e sim swap on my computer and now works fine  so my advise is ask them to remove the one no a d readd  hopefully that will sort your issue 

LBattyUK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OMG don't get me started with all this.

I have the same problem for 2 weeks and no closer to getting it sorted out. No one at Vodafone seems to know how to sort it out, all the advisers have the same idea but still can't sort it.

All I get told is it can take up to 24 hours for changes to take place, they say they will keep an eye on my account and give me a call back, but hey guest what???? No one phones me back, still doesn't work and so I have to phone again and go over the same stuff. I got this watch on the 16th October but, nope nothing working. I'm paying £29 a month for the watch. All this money Vodafone makes and they can't offer the training to sort this problem because seems it's such a common problem.

Why should anyone from Vodafone care because we are now in a contract so we have to pay and they still get to lie about wanting to help.

So what exa is the issue one no plan ? If so get them to remove it and re add it to your phone no then you can add you watch I had the same issue 

When I ordered the watch online, it need all this when it took me through the order. It setup one number.

A few advisers has said they are going to unlink the number connected to the one number and reconnect.

However, now I have a secondary number on my account which they say belongs to the watch, I have said the one number needs to be connected to my number, so they said they have cancelled the secondary number. This number is still on my account.

No one seems to know what to do, I shouldn't have to tell them what to do, they should know.

Im now two months in and the situation is worse not better. Vodafone told me that they needed to disconnect my entire number to reset it all - I’ve now had no phone for a week. It’s utterly ridiculous. 
to make matters worse they email to say that they ‘tried to call to discuss my complaint but couldn’t get through’.... that’s because you’ve cut the number off. I’m furious. 

I’ve been there email the ceo and that will be sent to the director complaint Dept I’ve been there before and that’s the path I had to take and don’t forget to ask for financial compensation ( credit will be given to you )  

This will not be an option for everyone.  I have cancelled both flights he watch contract and phone contract after 10 weeks and over 60 hours spent between chats and calls.  I moved to EE and everything was setup and working in one day.  I had to phone customer services with PAC and it’s a world of difference!  

For those who can I’d recommend EE for anyone with a watch.  There’s no point Vodafone advertising how great their network is if they can’t make it work!

Good luck all. 🤞