Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Well, despite my cynicism I got a new QR code after 16 hours, and it works. There is hope!

Can someone from Vodafone explain definitively what is going on?

Have just upgraded phones with old phone on an esim. Logged on to vodafone chat and talked through getting the esim changed to my new phone. Get the same error message as above "Data Plan Cannot Be Added". Chat agent then manually sends me the pdf email. I have the same problem. Chat agent then tells me that vodafone "have not activated esims on iPhone 13" yet and I need a physical sim. I'm now without service as my old phone was disconnected by the process.

So:

What is this issue that is effecting us all?

Anyone gone esim to esim?

I went e-sim to e-sim but it took around 16 hours, which I wouldn't do again.

How did you get past the error message?

Vodafone-why are we all getting this message?

Probably too late for me to even try - vodafone have screwed up the migration and I no longer have a working sim to authenticate and even log into my account as they all require code verification by text!

Thanks vodafone!

Chasing Vodafone, and waiting.  The QR code generated on the website didn't work.  The QR code on the first email I got didn't work.  Then, out of the blue, I got a further email with a QR code that worked.

Thanks for this - followed this evening and worked flawlessly!