main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

NAT type 3 whilst tethering PS4, how can I fix this?

2: Seeker
Never had this problem until I switched to Vodafone yesterday on PayM contract, please help.
View more options
3 REPLIES

Hi @JOHNNY84

When you tether via any mobile device, the Playstation will automatically change your NAT to NAT Type 3, which means that access is restricted. You have access to the internet but you'll be unable to download/upload any data.

I'd recommend trying to change you DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4). 

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Go to Network.
  3. Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
  4. Select Wi-Fi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
  5. Select Custom.
  6. IP Address Settings = Automatic.
  7. DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify.
  8. DNS Settings = Manual. Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.

Let me know how you get on.

View more options
2: Seeker
Hi,

I can connect and download/upload data, but it severely restricts connectivity. I had 3 mobile in the past and did not encounter this problem.
Settings were updated as suggested but still to no avail. Is there anything you can tweak at your end with regards to my account?

Thanks,
Sean
View more options

@JOHNNY84 

As this is a restriction put in place by Playstation, it’s not something we can change from our end, on your account.

The Google DNS settings Amanda mentioned above, usually allows unrestricted tethering access as it’s a trusted domain.

There may be other forum users on here, who can offer further workaround suggestions though.

View more options