main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

NAT type 3 whilst tethering PS4, how can I fix this?

Youss94
3: Seeker

Hi Beth, All due respect but thats another lie... my ps4 is hooked to a 4G/5G modem router and the NAT type remain type 3.

However, if that help people on this forum, i have tried a Three sim on my modem router and the NAT type with a Three sim is Type 2 with the possibility to put your console game in DMZ if required.

I will terminate my contract and get a Three contract.

Cheers

Y

View more options
Andy

Hi @Youss94 we are aware of the issues currently being caused by receiving a strict NAT type and we are currently investigating, if possible could you send a screenshot of the NAT type you are receiving, as we are collating all examples and sending these to the team investigating this.

View more options
chpinheiro
2: Seeker

This is only ever the response! Are these people even real?  Beth / Andy are you robots or actual people? You've been posting the same stuff over and over again. First of all its Playstations fault, then it's yours with IPV4 / 6.

But all you say is "yeah we are looking into it".

I think I might start up a facebook page outlining all the available providers who actually care about this and hit up the gaming community as Vodafone never mention this when dishing out contracts.

"But we don't gaurantee tethering or hotspot connections" I see you cry. Well why don't you mention this then as we are handing over our payment details? Stop giving lame responses.

View more options
Youss94

So have you looked into it? do you have an update?

View more options
Luc1f3r88

Dear vodafone are have you solved or find a solution for this nat type problem?

View more options
Macklejaw

I'm currently having the same issue, 

I switched from the unlimited lite SIM (where I had type 3 NAT) but I could connect to every game, to going to the unlimited max SIM, obviously still type 3 NAT still but I can't connect to online games like grand theft auto for example but call of duty it works completely fine. 

View more options
Shubhampaul

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.  get-vidmate.com instasave

View more options
Beth

Hi @Shubhampaul! We're investigating this at the moment and need to get some examples raised to the right team.  Please get in touch with our Social Media team here, and they'll be able to get this raised for you 🙂

View more options